Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A stroll with the Steinheil Culmigon 30mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: A stroll with the Steinheil Culmigon 30mm f/4 Reply with quote

So I took a stroll this morning with the Steinheil Culmigon 35mm f/4.5 (thread title is incorrect...)

and here's the results:

Unprocessed other than exposure as needed:

Processed with Agfa Neu emulation (colour) and Agfa APX 100 B&W:

Last edited by Gott23 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive Gott Like 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

And a correction ; it's a 35mm/f/4.5 *doh*

It's a lovely little lens and I'm pretty impressed with it but I think it'll be killer on a full frame, using 1x1 crop, it might get close to MF in feel...

Downsides, well the f/4.5 for a start and there's no aperture presets on it so at that size it's easy to shift without noticing, especially with big hands.. There is flare - I presume it's quite a simple uncoated design as such? And bokeh isnt much that I've seen give the minimum aperture...

However, awesome Sharpness colour and contrast - as per some of the unprocessed architecture shots. I'm off near battersea power station tonight so I'll try some FF long exposures to see how it performs with that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very interesting. Like 1