Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Antique lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2019 7:18 pm    Post subject: Antique lens Reply with quote

Hi, Just wondering if someone can help me out here, I recently bought this antique lens from local Facebook market, there has no writing or engraving on the lens, and I have no idea what the focus length of the lens is. It’s a screw fit but I think is smaller than m39. if I put the lens close to my eyes and I can look straight into the lens and to focus my finger at about 10cm . Does any one know how to make this work or the focus length of the lens is too short to work on the camera. Thanks

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, just focus an image of the sun on the ground and you will see the distance needed for infinity focus. There are many helicoids and extension tubes available on eBay that you can adapt the lens to if you are handy.