Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Portrait
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:40 pm    Post subject: Portrait Reply with quote

I was trying something different and I'd like to get an honest opinion. What do you think of this shot:

NEX6_0002_5319 by Miran Amon, on Flickr

?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its very good IMO, what did you try? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing +1 what did you try ?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. She likes to get her picture taken (well, sometimes) but it's always the same awkward kind of forced smiley pose. Or sometimes I get a nice spontaneous genuine smile but it's always the same. This time I tried giving directions to get something different, a different expression, and didn't know how it was going to come out. Btw, she'd 4 so it's not easy.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a four year old daughter as well (soon five) Very Happy

I like your PP, what did you do?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
I like your PP, what did you do?

Nothing much, it's just a raw conversion made with RawTherapee with most sliders at 0. The look comes from RawTherapee's wavelet tool (contrast, shadow compression and chromaticity on the residual image set for this smooth desaturated effect) and the light (on camera flash turned up and back into the room with a wall close on the right and open on the left). Lens by the way was Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm/1.4 closed down to f/4 and shot on Sony NEX-6.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, I tried two versions of RawTherapee but I can`t see my RAW files in the browser. I tested two versions of the program (win 64) and two types of RAW files (CR2 and ARW). Surprised Surprised

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, it works fine for me. Maybe you missed that you have to double click the folder icon to open it? Single click does nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nordentro wrote:
Interesting, I tried two versions of RawTherapee but I can`t see my RAW files in the browser. I tested two versions of the program (win 64) and two types of RAW files (CR2 and ARW). Surprised Surprised

Very strange. Never realized something similar. RawTherapee works and worked for all of my RAW formats from different cameras from Sony, Ricoh, Pentax and Panasonic on different PC's with Windows (64) 7/8/8.1 and 10. However, I am rather using LR and PS on a regular basis because I'm more used to the workflows of these programs. Nevertheless I have a working version of RT installed in parallel. Wink

BTW, fantastic portrait. I like it very much. Maybe I should play around with RT a little bit more as well....

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nicely framed and judicious use of aperture for sharpness on both eyes.

Very nice little girl.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. Nice departure from the same old stuff. Timing composition and exposure work together to make it an enchanting image. Nice work. Cute kid too.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would lift the toning on the left side of the image.