Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD 75-150mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:56 am    Post subject: Minolta MD 75-150mm f/4 Reply with quote

This is a true jewel of a lens - wow!! It is the perfect complement to the superlative 35-70mm, and I wonder why did this one not become a Vario Elmar too? Perhaps it came out too late? More about it here: https://fourbillionyears.org/minolta-md-75-150mm-f-4/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos, and I totally agree. If I go out with zooms, it's nearly always the 35-70 and 75-150. A few others are nice too, but these two stand out and pair very well (and maybe add the 24-35 to cover wide angle as well, though it's not at the same level). I especially like its size. Yes, it's a bit long, but very thin (49mm filters) and relatively very light.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Dog I find it to be quite light and easy to carry around. I have read mixed reviews about the 24-35, so I have (so far...) stayed away from it. I usually carry the Rokkor 24mm when I go out with these two zooms, it is sort of a big jump from 24 to 35, but given the number of pixels that one has to work with these days I can always crop. Or put the 28mm Rokkor in the bag too...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am happy with the 24-35 but you need to stop it down twice for good sharpness across the frame. You should try it. I agree that the 75-150 is amazing, and your pics are spectacular.

My contribution to this thread:

[img]Tête du Torraz by lumens pixel, sur Flickr[/img]