Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A stroll with the Steinheil Culmigon 30mm f/4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:25 pm    Post subject: A stroll with the Steinheil Culmigon 30mm f/4 Reply with quote

So I took a stroll this morning with the Steinheil Culmigon 35mm f/4.5 (thread title is incorrect...)

and here's the results:

Unprocessed other than exposure as needed:

Processed with Agfa Neu emulation (colour) and Agfa APX 100 B&W:

Last edited by Gott23 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's impressive Gott Like 1 .

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

And a correction ; it's a 35mm/f/4.5 *doh*

It's a lovely little lens and I'm pretty impressed with it but I think it'll be killer on a full frame, using 1x1 crop, it might get close to MF in feel...

Downsides, well the f/4.5 for a start and there's no aperture presets on it so at that size it's easy to shift without noticing, especially with big hands.. There is flare - I presume it's quite a simple uncoated design as such? And bokeh isnt much that I've seen give the minimum aperture...

However, awesome Sharpness colour and contrast - as per some of the unprocessed architecture shots. I'm off near battersea power station tonight so I'll try some FF long exposures to see how it performs with that.