Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon FE not working
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:22 pm    Post subject: Nikon FE not working Reply with quote

I've just bought a Nikon FE, but i doesn't work.

Batteries are ok, but the mirror is up and the advance lever is blocked.

I took of the bottom part of the camera and i post pictures here (edit: i don't know why, but in the preview i see the pictures, in the post i don't see them.... sorry this is my first post)

[/img]
What can i do?

Thank you in advance.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Nikon FE not working Reply with quote

ggc wrote:
I've just bought a Nikon FE, but i doesn't work.

Batteries are ok, but the mirror is up and the advance lever is blocked.

I took of the bottom part of the camera and i post pictures here (edit: i don't know why, but in the preview i see the pictures, in the post i don't see them.... sorry this is my first post)

[/img]
What can i do?

Thank you in advance.

Welcome ggc

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a heavily worn FE2 with the same problem. When I first got it, it worked, sort of. The shutter would fire, but the film transport system was pretty well thrashed. Then it locked up, same as yours, so I set it aside for a few months. Then one day I loaded it up with batteries and it started working again. Then after several shutter actuations, it locked up again. That was a few months ago, and it still remains locked up. So I don't know what to tell you about yours, except it looks as heavily worn as mine and just might be worn out beyond repair.

Sorry, wish I had better news for you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the two basics, before you start poking around inside are -

1. Flick it to M90. Mirror may drop.

2. Swap the batteries for fresh, good quality ones. - ditto - .

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure that the batteries are indeed good and that the battery chamber is not corroded or oxidized.

Beyond that... my advice is, you want a working camera - go get yourself a working camera. Not "I am no expert, but it sounds a-okay" deal, but a working camera from someone who understands what a working, ready to shoot camera is.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late reply i have had no connection for some time, thank you everyone.

I have tried both m90 mechanical shutter speed, and the batteries are new Energizer (1.58V measured, no oxide inside the battery compartment).

I thought the camera was missing something inside, comparing it to the one in this video...

https://youtu.be/5d42l3U9WTM?t=34

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ggc wrote:
I thought the camera was missing something inside

As a matter of fact, yes, there's a missing part. So, definitely dead.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Gardener. So no way.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. The worst part is, as far as I can tell, that the missing piece seems to be a part of the mechanism that locks winding shaft at the end of the cycle, and does not have anything to do with the release. Meaning that it was broken to begin with, someone opened it, made a half-assed attempt at the repair, abandoned it, and then, some time later, put back whatever pieces he could find and sold it. Can you return it?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.

No i can't return, but i've learned something... to bring some batteries next time i'll want to buy an old eletronic camera.

I have also a Zenit 12 that doens't work, but at least i've bought it for the 58mm Helios.