Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extreme macro with Canon FD 28mm 2.8 reverse mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject: Extreme macro with Canon FD 28mm 2.8 reverse mount Reply with quote

Hi all,

i really like the Canon FD28mm 2.8 in "normal" use and the quality it delivers. Some weeks ago i thought about getting a reverse adapter to test it for extreme macro shots.
So i mounted it with extention tubes on my A7R2 and started with some test shots which impressed me.

Last weekend i added a tripod and flash with pringles can diffuser. Good macro shots don't need lenses for much money. Take a good 24mm or 28mm lense, mount it reversed and add a good light source. Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

God, that 2nd pic. Superb man Like 1 .

Last edited by Sciolist on Fri May 10, 2019 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work.
Johan J Ingles-Le Nobel has a great web site on all this.

http://extreme-macro.co.uk/

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sciolist wrote:
God, that 2nd pic. Superb man Like 1 .

I completely agree. Great capture with somehow nice colours.

I have a question, however. How on earth did you make this fly/insect to stay in place while you were getting closer with camera?

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work! Like 1

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the feedback.

@PhantomLord: It's simple just observe the insects you want to shoot and see how they react in different situations.
In the morning all insects are slower since they need a certain temperature. So flies like to sit in the sun and normally they don't move that move. Ants like sugar (most do) and mixed with some water just put some drops on an ant trail and they will start to collect it.
And the most important thing no hectic movement.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small