Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Braun Paxette lenses list
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject: Braun Paxette lenses list Reply with quote

Hi, I'm compiling a definitive list of Braun Paxette lenses. Not that I hope to own them all.

I am looking at ebay listings, adverts, magazine articles, brochures, sites such as this.

According to an article in Amateur Photographer a few years ago someone said there were 42 different lenses that fitted the Braun. I have found 34 so far. I suspect that many on the list could be duplicated because there were -E- type i.e rangefinder coupled and non rangefinder coupled.

I've been looking here and found one or two not listed in official brochures.

Two Telons, reputedly by different manufacturers.

It was mentioned in the AP article that the British company Wray made a few lenses for the Paxette. The Lens Vademecum mentions two, which were probably adapted Wrayflex lenses.

The list so far, can anyone add?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you got most of them there.

It's funny that all the lenses are basically a 35, 50, 85 and 135.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Braun Paxette lenses list Reply with quote

The steinheil Quinon should be 50mm f2 and 45mm f2, and also there is a steinheil Quinon 50mm f1.9.
The staeble also produced one 50mm f2, I think it called Super Ultralit.

Enna Tele Ennalyt M39 200mm f4.5 - seen once on ebay
ISCO Iscomar M39 50mm f2.8 - Never seen it
Roeschlein Pointar M39 45mm f2.8 - have it
Roeschlein Telenar-E (or w/o -E) M39 135mm f5.6 - have both
Staeble Choro -E M39 38mm f3.5 - have it
Staeble Braun-Color-Ultralit M39 50mm f2.8 - lots on ebay
Staeble Kataplast M39 45mm f2.8 - never seen one
Steinheil Tele-Quint M39 85mm f3.5- seen once on ebay, didn't win it Sad
Steinheil Quniar 135mm f3.5 - just got this one. Smile

philslizzy wrote:
Hi, I'm compiling a definitive list of Braun Paxette lenses. Not that I hope to own them all.

I am looking at ebay listings, adverts, magazine articles, brochures, sites such as this.

According to an article in Amateur Photographer a few years ago someone said there were 42 different lenses that fitted the Braun. I have found 34 so far. I suspect that many on the list could be duplicated because there were -E- type i.e rangefinder coupled and non rangefinder coupled.

I've been looking here and found one or two not listed in official brochures.

Two Telons, reputedly by different manufacturers.

It was mentioned in the AP article that the British company Wray made a few lenses for the Paxette. The Lens Vademecum mentions two, which were probably adapted Wrayflex lenses.

The list so far, can anyone add?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supposedly Enna Ultra-Lithagon 28mm f/3.5 also exists for Paxette according to http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/paxette/paxette.html and http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Photavit_36

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Supposedly Enna Ultra-Lithagon 28mm f/3.5 also exists for Paxette according to http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/paxette/paxette.html and http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Photavit_36

Not the M39 mount I think.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artboy wrote:
Pancolart wrote:

Not the M39 mount I think.

I agree, it is in the bayonet fit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a nice tidy Paxette, the lens is - ROESCHLEIN - KREUZNACH POINTAR f2.8 / 45mm C Nr 49018

I think this is a very early, flat top with pressed steel accessory shoe, Prontor S shutter, model. I've looked for this lens before and found little about the lens other than it's rare and sought after.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I've got a nice tidy Paxette, the lens is - ROESCHLEIN - KREUZNACH POINTAR f2.8 / 45mm C Nr 49018

I think this is a very early, flat top with pressed steel accessory shoe, Prontor S shutter, model. I've looked for this lens before and found little about the lens other than it's rare and sought after.

I have one too. The lenses were marked either Pointar or E Pointikar. The Pointar was the non-rf coupled version for the Paxette II and the E Pointikar the coupled version for the Super Paxette as far as I can ascertain.

Does your Pointar have the Roeschlein - Kreuznach name on the lens? My Pointikar doesn't

It sounds like you have a Paxette II camera. It would fit into my collection nicely.

Most of the Braun lenses aren't terribly common.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How to add a photo here ?
I have a Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50 f2.8 number 4184615
Very good lens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sam Mendolia wrote:
How to add a photo here ?
I have a Schneider-Kreuznach Xenar 50 f2.8 number 4184615
Very good lens.

To upload a picture (on a PC) click on Upload Picture button, select your photo from your PC, click send, click on standard then the url info appears at the end of your text.

Example

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought this to be a surpise to myself, but its an unknown, paxette lens. Any guess Steinheil Lens cap..... I know what I am hoping for.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatorengineer64 wrote:
Bought this to be a surpise to myself, but its an unknown, paxette lens. Any guess Steinheil Lens cap..... I know what I am hoping for.

Probably it is a Steinheil Cassarit 45mm.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell. Both the F/2 Quinon and the F/2.8 Cassarit can have two scalloped rings, just like the picture, but the Quinon also has a milled aperture ring as well which can't be seen there. The 50mm Cassarit tapers inwards, similar to the photo, and the marking for the aperture number is engraved on that part. Some 45mm models of the Cassarit only have one scalloped ring, the other ring is milled but not scalloped.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. It can be a 50mm Cassarit but impossible for a Quinon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Focal Press camera guides usually list a comprehensive selection of the lenses for the models in question that were available at the time of publication, often with reference to lenses that were no longer available.
I have their books for the Praktica, Exakta and Edixa with such lists, but I've not (yet?) developed an interest in the Paxette range.
Good luck Smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was hoping for a quinon but a cSsarit with all of the bubbly bokeh fanfare or late would be nie as well we for sure see when it comes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this thread about Paxette lenses only now...
I found it searching the internet for info about M39 Paxette optics, cause I just bought a Super Paxette with a Staeble E Kata 2.8/45mm, and I also just tried a Staeble 3.8/135mm on my A7II, for the first time.
I don't know how the Kata 45mm will be, the Telexon works more than fine even wide open.
Though the main reason I'm writing this post is that I own another Paxette lens, and that lens is missing from the list. It's a Enna 4.5/200mm. A very strange lens for at least two good reasons. One, the focal is VERY long for a rangefinder. Two, the shape is kind of crazy: considering the very slow max aperture.
The shape is really odd. The lens is long and heavy, with a huge front glass!
If somebody is interested, I can try to find the lens and post a picture.
I can also make sure it's a Paxette registry. As written elsewhere, I checked that using the medium sized ring from a set of M39 soviet extension tubes on top of a standard LTM>Sony-E adapter, Sony cameras can focus to infinity with any Paxette objective. If it works ok that way, then it's Paxette mount for sure.

EDIT :
I saw that the Enna 200mm was missing from the jpg, but I just found that it's mentioned in a post. I bought mine many years ago on eBay because of its look, and since then I never saw it on sale again. I guess it's not that common...

Cheers
Paolo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love a photo. I have numerous Braun camera lenses. Mostly in Paxette 39mm, a bayonet mount for...I don't recall the odd camera, and at least 1 in DKL mount for the Super Colorette II.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One for sale here for a prontor mount Paxette Super III Automatic. I like rare lenses, but won't be buying...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a paxette IA with rodenstock Trinar L 40mm 2.8 , is this a triplet and M39? Can be used only with a M39 adapter on Sony? Thanks

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The model IA had a bayonet mount never used on any other camera, and only 2 lenses available, as seen on this web page: http://www.cjs-classic-cameras.co.uk/paxette/paxette.html

The second lens is also made by Rodenstock.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2023 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alun, that is the camera I couldn't remember. The lens is a 75mm Rotelar in F4. I posted pics in this thread:

http://forum.mflenses.com/rodenstock-rotelar-f4-75mm-unknown-mount-t31084,highlight,%2Brodenstock+%2B75mm+%2Bf4.html

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2023 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:

One for sale here for a prontor mount Paxette Super III Automatic. I like rare lenses, but won't be buying...

If it has a B39 (M39, Paxette registry) mount, it's the same I have. Mine is in even better conditions, but with no original caps.
From the picture I can't tell... at least on my phone. I thought the Super III Automatic had bayonet mount (SLK, like it's written in the title).
Whatever the mount, I would have asked less. The price seems excessive Smile

I kind of remember that Enna optics of that time were designed by the wife of the owner of the company. Do I remember correctly, or I dreamt it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

safe to guess all of the 45 /50 2.8s are tessars?

Any lenses really standout on the list as especially good performers?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gatorengineer64 wrote:
safe to guess all of the 45 /50 2.8s are tessars?

Any lenses really standout on the list as especially good performers?

Steinheil Cassarit should be a triplet.