Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Altix mount ring removal problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:12 pm    Post subject: Altix mount ring removal problem Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I got this trioplan with, what it seems, a part of the camera stuck on the lens. The lens was removed from an Altix N camera that was in pretty bad shape. I am fairly certain that the largest ring is not supposed to be there. Beneath it is probably the standard altix bayonet mount. I removed the small screw (the hole can be seen in the pic #2) and tried to unscrew it but to no avail. Has anyone had a similar problem? Is there something I'm missing or is it just stuck from the years of abuse? If anyone has an Altix camera it would also be helpful to know how the lens is removed in standard procedure.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sawed it off. There was no other way. The lens now happily sits on my Canon. Altix mount can be adapted with modified M42 adapter quite easily.

Wide open is awful. Stopped down to f/8 image quality becomes unexpectedly high.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These lenses come with the body mount on frequently. The mount is held in onto the camera with the thread. Many people think the thread is the mount. The body mount can be used to hold Altix lenses onto M39, I use the CZJ Tessar on my M3. Its a lovely lens.