Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Loose barrel on a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject: Loose barrel on a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC Reply with quote

Hi! My first post, after a lot of reading since months ago... I need help with a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC 4.0 zoom. There is some movement in the barrel that should not be there. It goes up and down about 1mm. See the picture, I made a small pencil mark to show this:

Same here, you can see how there is some extra room in the lower part of it:

The lens works great when the lower part of the barrel is pushed inside the upper part, but it just moves "freely". Any ideas on how it could be fixed in position? Maybe there is a screw (or more) missing in the inside? Do you think I could reach it by opening the zoom from the mount side after removing these four screws?:

Any help or ideas will be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject: Re: Loose barrel on a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC Reply with quote

Zamo wrote:
Hi! My first post, after a lot of reading since months ago... I need help with a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC 4.0 zoom. There is some movement in the barrel that should not be there. It goes up and down about 1mm.... Any help or ideas will be very much appreciated! Thanks in advance!

It is possible that there might be a hole in the focusing ring, under the rubber covering. You can slide off the rubber covering if you pry it carefully. Once the rubber covering is off, if you rotate the aperture ring, the hole, if there is one, will probably give you access to the three screws holding the two parts of the barrel together. From you description, it sounds like one or more may be loose. I am not certain this lens is put together this way, but it's relatively easy to check.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Loose barrel on a Konica Hexanon AR 80-200mm UC Reply with quote

konicamera wrote:

It is possible that there might be a hole in the focusing ring, under the rubber covering. You can slide off the rubber covering if you pry it carefully. Once the rubber covering is off, if you rotate the aperture ring, the hole, if there is one, will probably give you access to the three screws holding the two parts of the barrel together. From you description, it sounds like one or more may be loose. I am not certain this lens is put together this way, but it's relatively easy to check.

Thanks a lot, I will for sure take a look at that... hopefully the rubber band is not to friable and I end up with pieces of it. It looks in very good shape, but with old rubber and plastics you never know...
And of course, will come back here to say how it went. Thanks again!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gently warm the rubber grip with a hair dryer then roll it back on itself - turn it inside out.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
gently warm the rubber grip with a hair dryer then roll it back on itself - turn it inside out.

Thanks for the tip! I will try that!