Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Topcor RE to Sony A7 adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject: Topcor RE to Sony A7 adapter Reply with quote

Hi everyone, just got my topcor RE 58 1.4 in exacta mount, i suppose i need an Edixa adapter to Sony A7 ,but i read there are3 some issues with some adapters. I'm un Europe, anybody could recommend me the right adapter? Thanx


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is nothing special. Any cheap adapter will be good enough. I'm using a cheap Chinese Exakta to NEX adapter from Roxsen for my Topcor lenses on my A7R II.
The adapters sold in Europe are made in China anyway and are sold for apprx. EUR 50,-; if you buy them in China (e.g. via Ebay) you'll save apprx. 50%.


PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply; i've read some time ago,there was some issue with topcor RE lens that won't work right for not disingaging sort of a pin? I've might understood wrong, posibly.


PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Thanks for the reply; i've read some time ago,there was some issue with topcor RE lens that won't work right for not disingaging sort of a pin? I've might understood wrong, posibly.

The issue apply to EXA to EF adapter.


PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot , just ordered a k&f adapter ,let's see how long would it take, now i need to find a hood for this lens,i should forget about the original ,as it isn't easy to find one - would you guys recommend me any type/place to buy? It seems is a 62mm lens,but i don't know the right size


PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Thanks a lot , just ordered a k&f adapter ,let's see how long would it take, now i need to find a hood for this lens,i should forget about the original ,as it isn't easy to find one - would you guys recommend me any type/place to buy? It seems is a 62mm lens,but i don't know the right size


It's 49mm for the 58/1.8 lens. I'm using cheap foldable rubber hoods available from Amazon or Ebay. Like with the adapters it's cheapest to buy from China directly but it may take some time for delivery.


PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the sugestions, i have just checked my old junk and found a new in blister rubber hood in 62mm , even though it's look junkie . Now I'm waiting for the adapter to arrive and check later vignetting problems with the rubber junkie hood.


PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
Thank you all for the sugestions, i have just checked my old junk and found a new in blister rubber hood in 62mm , even though it's look junkie . Now I'm waiting for the adapter to arrive and check later vignetting problems with the rubber junkie hood.
Sorry I mixed it up with the F1.8 version. You're right the F1.4 version is 62mm.