Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Schneider Kreuznach apo componon hm 45mm f4 enlarger lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:43 pm    Post subject: Schneider Kreuznach apo componon hm 45mm f4 enlarger lens Reply with quote

My first shots with this lens. Cloudy day here so lighting is a bit flat. The crocuses are starting to pop out (pretty early in my estimation ). Used a pixco helical m42 adapter with the m39 to m42. These are relatively high iso and hand held. Noise is apparent but I think they are sharp enough.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how it does wide open, the pentagon Blades shape i don't like too much....

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one I processed. I used a different adapter setup as i was getting the ghosting i reported in a previous with the pixco helical. This was an experiment with the Godox off camera flash system. I must confess I know nearly nothing about flash photography but am willing to learn. This was with a tripod. I am amazed how sharp these Schneider apo componon hm series enlarger lenses truly are.

[url=http://forum.mflenses.com/userpix/20192/big_7980_DSC05776EditEdit_1.jpg]

[/url]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 as expected, very good!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I hope to find a deal on the 60mm as well. Though it is less common than the other FL's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only APO, all Componons are amazing, my range is 80 to 180mm on bellows, accompanied with Rodenstocks.
For one year I'm switch to enlarger's lenses entirely , caring one wide angle of the camera stock.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I am amazed how sharp these Schneider apo componon hm series enlarger lenses truly are.

Me too after seeing your shots Like 1 . Wow!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A level of sharpness that I think rivals the sensor on the A7rii:

This is at 200%!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamaeolus, this sharpness just hurts the eye! Especially impressive one of your macro shots.

I wonder how Boyer APO-Saphir 10/135 is compared to that at close-up, having acquired a rather legendary reputation in older times. Later I will make some tests.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I lucked int a water droplet jewel this AM.

this is a 100% crop. Amazingly on my samsung galazy tab s using Photo Mate R3 for the ARW files I can zoom to 200% and it still looks really sharp. JPG don't translate as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by Blazer0ne on Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is one from yesterday morning. I went out to a meadow to photograph the wildflowers, mostly camas but also some cats ears.
another that is a 1 to 1 crop (ie 100%)

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed an excellent lens - it is my "standard" lens on the enlarger for 24x36mm negatives, since i bought it around 1988.

Stephan

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful images! Are you using the Componon straight or reversed?

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight. I use a Nex/m42 close ring then 2 cheap m42m42 helicals (12-19 I think) it gives just past infinity and I can focus down to about 5 inches. I would like to try it reversed but haven't gotten around to buying the proper reverse adapter.

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I lucked int a water droplet jewel this AM.

this is a 100% crop. Amazingly on my samsung galazy tab s using Photo Mate R3 for the ARW files I can zoom to 200% and it still looks really sharp. JPG don't translate as well.

Awsome pic Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see the Cat's Ears please! Smile

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1
sandro

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cats ear photo, tentatively ID'd as Calachortus tolmei. Early morning dew, sunshine, Sony A7rii and Schneider Apo Comonon HM 45mm f4 enlarger lens as described. 100% crop: