Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Any info Leica Elmar 13,5cm f4,5 for Reflex Korelle
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject: Any info Leica Elmar 13,5cm f4,5 for Reflex Korelle Reply with quote

Greetings to respected manual lens fans community! Recently I got well known early production (with no serial number) black Leica Elmar 13,5cm f4.5. The very unusual thing about this lens is that it was made for SLR Reflex Korelle camera! It has typical 40,5mm Reflex Korelle screw mount. I tried to search any info about this lens for Reflex Korelle, but never got any result. Is this one of a kind prototype or I missed something and there was definitely more?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a one-off adaptation to me, not something that was prototyped or built for serial production by E. Leitz. The protruding screw head that was used to lock the mount in place after the lens body was shortened is a clue. If it's in good shape optically and mechanically, it should be capable of decent results. Nice acquisition!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the engraving on the mount, it looks like they started with a ZOOAN, which is the focusing adapter for Hektor 135/4.5 lens head on Visoflex.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good eyes, John!

Here is a pic of the 16495 ZOOAN.

Indeed looks like match, and notice there is no screw in the original!

P.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still perfectly possible it was manufactured by Leitz, after all they also supplied 50/3.5 Elmar lenses for the Foth Derby 127 half-frame camera.