Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

AGFA COLOR SLR lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: AGFA COLOR SLR lenses Reply with quote

Hello to all,

Could you tell me, the AGFA lenses, who made them ? I mean the lenses made for SLRs not those for the folding cameras or old '50-'60 cameras.
As an example here is one:
EBAY LINK
How about their quality ? Are they made in Japan (Cosina perhaps) or elswhere (Germany) ?

Thank you all.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know, but judging from the casing and the writings, I'd bet they are made in Japan.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoever made it, they can't spell COLOUR properly. I would say Japanese too, and probably pretty cheap quality.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Whoever made it, they can't spell COLOUR properly. I would say Japanese too, and probably pretty cheap quality.

Agfacolor is a very old brand and no clue for origin or quality. This brand was first used 1932 for the first modern 'color'(sorry)-film.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agfacolor

Michael

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:21 am    Post subject: Re: AGFA COLOR SLR lenses Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
Hello to all,

Could you tell me, the AGFA lenses, who made them ? I mean the lenses made for SLRs not those for the folding cameras or old '50-'60 cameras.
As an example here is one:
EBAY LINK
How about their quality ? Are they made in Japan (Cosina perhaps) or elswhere (Germany) ?

Thank you all.

Cameras were cosina made = 99% sure that lenses from same origin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I have seen these were K-mount and the same as the Revuenon and Chinon lenses of the same generation (Also K-mount).

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
From what I have seen these were K-mount and the same as the Revuenon and Chinon lenses of the same generation (Also K-mount).

= cosina + cimko

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

= cosina + cimko

+ CHINON http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
PBFACTS wrote:
D1N0 wrote:

= cosina + cimko

+ CHINON http://forum.mflenses.com/pentax-pk-bayonet-1-4-50mm-alternatives-chinon-cosina-ricoh-t60018.html

Cosina made it for Chinon and Ricoh is my guess.