Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Lydith 30mm 3.5 - street shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:14 pm    Post subject: Meyer Lydith 30mm 3.5 - street shots Reply with quote

Street musician's day in Vilnius. A cold and overcast day.

Lydith 30/3.5, Pentax K20D, resized, levels adjusted.

First shots f3.5 - obvious glow.

Things get better @ f/4

f/8

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2021 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its an old post, so I'm glad to reply, although six years late. I am getting one in Altix fit for my little Altix collection and looking forward to receiving it. It looks like a useful lens.

Great shots!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I am getting one in Altix fit for my little Altix collection and looking forward to receiving it. It looks like a useful lens.

Great shots!

I've got one in M42. It was in rather bad shape when I acquired it. Among other things (like a tiny bit of fungus), someone had re-lubed it but used WAY too much grease. The interior was swimming in it. After a good cleaning it works well.

It's not a great lens, but a lens with lots of imperfection, some good characteristics, and some decent character - a bit like the Meyer Primagon 35 but not as good IMO. Mine is surprisingly sharp with the aperture closed down, for example. It's tiny, so it should be pretty good for street photography as Piktuolis's images suggest.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
philslizzy wrote:
I am getting one in Altix fit for my little Altix collection and looking forward to receiving it. It looks like a useful lens.

Great shots!

I've got one in M42. It was in rather bad shape when I acquired it. Among other things (like a tiny bit of fungus), someone had re-lubed it but used WAY too much grease. The interior was swimming in it. After a good cleaning it works well.

It's not a great lens, but a lens with lots of imperfection, some good characteristics, and some decent character - a bit like the Meyer Primagon 35 but not as good IMO. Mine is surprisingly sharp with the aperture closed down, for example. It's tiny, so it should be pretty good for street photography as Piktuolis's images suggest.

I have the Primagon 35 too, its a great lens for sure. I fancied this because it completes my Altix lens collection and its a more useful length than 35mm (for me). Wider than 35mm lenses made for leaf shutter cameras are rare as they require a retrofocus design.

Another great thing with this lens is that it will easily go onto a slightly modified M42 mount meaning I can use it on my Canon and Pentax film cameras. Win Win!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1 Great shots and colors!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lydith is one of my favourite primes. Mine is an original, in M42, but was sold with a PK adaptor fitted so I don't think anyone else was sure what it would fit Wink
When the Lydith was "re-launched" a few years ago one of the selling tag-lines was "painterly bokeh", which was what attracted me to getting one ... my 'original' cost significantly less than one of the crowd-funded re-releases, but it seems to be every bit as good!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2021 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I have the Primagon 35 too, its a great lens for sure. I fancied this because it completes my Altix lens collection and its a more useful length than 35mm (for me). Wider than 35mm lenses made for leaf shutter cameras are rare as they require a retrofocus design.

Another great thing with this lens is that it will easily go onto a slightly modified M42 mount meaning I can use it on my Canon and Pentax film cameras. Win Win!

Like 1 Like 1

Sounds good!