Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Minolta MD zoom 70-210mm focus ring inverted
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 5:43 pm    Post subject: Minolta MD zoom 70-210mm focus ring inverted Reply with quote

Hello MFL team,

this is actually my first post here and i hope that it will help other people in the future!!
I just started the MFL trip with some Minolta's and an Helios Lens...

Among my new lenses, I bought a MD 70 -210 (the one with "macro") but there is some strange defect : the focus ring is misplaced by around 180° and my focus range as such is very limited.

Do you have any resource that would help me fix this? Is it an easy fix?

Thank you,
Alex

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sp3cialK!

I have never disassembled this specific Minolta, but it could be that either

1. The infinity focus is misaligned (<=> focusing scale misaligned)
  2. Someone disassembled the lens and put the focusing helicoid back together incorrectly

The infinity focus is usually a pretty quick fix on the old Minoltas. Regrettably, I do not know how it's adjusted on the MD 70-210. Nonetheless, this would be my first bet. The focusing helicoid would not be as easy to fix and would require you to disassemble most of the lens. I don't think that this will be necessary in your case.

Here's a resource for disassembly pics, which may be helpful in both cases: http://minolta.eazypix.de/lr/z70-210_4_md3/nmd_zoom70_210.html