Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikkor 10.5cm f2.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2015 1:53 pm    Post subject: Nikkor 10.5cm f2.5 Reply with quote

I like this lens - mine is the early Nikon F model (not AI or AI-s). Sonnar type, almost but not quite the same as the 10.5cm f2.5 for rangefinder cameras. This version has slightly longer back focus to clear the mirror on the reflex body. ( Click on pic for better view )

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks pretty sharp and with nice bokeh, a great lens it seems.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had this lens several times, different than black AIS, low contrasts , sharp lens, black AIS one of the best in focal length this is nice one too

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have two at the moment, one for Nikon RF, the other for Contax

DSC00169 by unoh7, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi uhoh7 !
How do you get the one in your photo one to work on the Leica? Does it need a custom-built adapter?

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
Hi uhoh7 !
How do you get the one in your photo one to work on the Leica? Does it need a custom-built adapter?

Hi Stephen,

Amedeo Adapter: theres one for Nikon and one for Contax. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually there are a many more adapters available for the use on a Leica M mount.
As I need the same adapters for my Ricoh GXR-M I can tell you that I have found so far additionally adapters for lenses with following mounts: Minolta SR, Minota AF, M42, Exacta, M39, Pentax K and Y/C to the Leica M-bayonet. However, what I didn't find so far was an adapter from the old Fujica AX bayonet to Leica. Other lenses I don't know, because I don't have any Canon or Konica bayonet lenses (for example) but I'm relatively sure that at least for a mass producer like Canon adapters will also be available.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhoh7 wrote:
scsambrook wrote:
Hi uhoh7 !

Hi Stephen,

Amedeo Adapter: theres one for Nikon and one for Contax. Smile

Ahh, yes, I've heard of those. Quite expensive, I think . . . No problems with rangefinder accuracy?

As I don't have a Nikon RF 10.5cm, probably more cost effective for me to keep looking for a Leica thread one.

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas - thanks for your post. I've tried a few of the Chinese adapters to Leica but not one has produced an in-focus image when scale focusing. The nearest to sucess I've had is with a Canon Adapter B which lets one use all the R, FL and FD lenses on a screw Leica mounting. Even this isn't good enough with focal lengths longer than 35mm. I can see the attraction of your Ricoh GXR-M, you can focus visually Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scsambrook wrote:
I can see the attraction of your Ricoh GXR-M, you can focus visually Very Happy

Stephen,
For some situations a real RF like your M8 is really a disadvantage. That was finally the reason why I went for the Ricoh. It's more versatile. Leica usually don't care about other lenses and the Ricoh was designed especially for that. I love my Ricoh, although I went already in situations when I wished to have an "real" viewfinder as your M8. No advantage without any disadvantage. Old story.
By the way, today I have finally received my "ClearViewer" with premium lens for the Ricoh to use it alternatively to the EVF accessory. Especially when using an optional flash that is really an improvement (I opted for the tripod mount version).
However, the most attractive change from film to digital was the chance to see the final picture BEFORE you shoot the image. That's what I like most.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikkor RF 10,5/2,5 (sonnar) - Sony a7

DSC01380 by Mr TTT, on Flickr

DSC01370 by Mr TTT, on Flickr