Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Does anyone have an info about Meyer Primotar 50mm f2.7 lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject: Does anyone have an info about Meyer Primotar 50mm f2.7 lens Reply with quote

Just got this extremely interesting lens, but can't find any info about it? There are many of Primotar f3.5, few very rare f2.8, but non f2.7 like this one! I might have a gues that it could be pre or post production of Meyer Macro Plasmat 50mm f2.7, which has same FL, same speed and same 12 blades aperture, but this is only my guessing. In fact it might be even more rare and interesting unit then Macro Plasmat.
It also has M39 screw mount.
Waiting for your guesses and opinions)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: It actually has much smaller screw mount then M39. Will measure it properly in a few hours, but it's about M25 c-mount size, so this beast smells very cinematic)
Just tried to make a few test shots with my rangefinder Epson R-D1, holding this lens in front of the camera mount. Doubdt that I got some good shots from it (in terms of well catched focus), but at least I found that it's fully covering APS-C sensor. Not a big surise, but still some extra info about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-primotar-50mm-f2-7-red-v-t79496.html

Primotar is not Plasmat.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
http://forum.mflenses.com/meyer-optik-primotar-50mm-f2-7-red-v-t79496.html

Primotar is not Plasmat.

Yep, this is the one apart of mine, which can be found on internet. But no more. Do you have more info about it? For what kind of equipment it was made? Number of production? Optical scheme? Etc.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The actual mount size of this lens is 29mm, so it's for some special equipment. For sure some not very well known, cinema camera

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me have its serial number, then I could look up details about it possibly!

Found the auction I guess: Click here to see on Ebay

This was done for ALTIX IIIa made 1951 (batch of 100 lenses).

According to https://www.dresdner-kameras.de/altix/altix.html
this Primotar 2.7/50mm was rather seldom to be found with this camera.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you a lot for your information! In your short post there is much more specific information about this lens, then in whole internet)
So you say that about only 100 of this lenses were made?
Here is a serial number

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is also from 1951 but from a previously not known batch! It has been thought so far that 300 have been made in total, now most likely it was one batch more!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Yours is also from 1951 but from a previously not known batch! It has been thought so far that 300 have been made in total, now most likely it was one batch more!

What a historical moment!) Not wondering why this "bad boy" is such rare. Thank you once again for your great researches and overall help!
I'm planning to put it on sale and thinking what will be better: to keep it in original condition, or to rehaus it with M39 screw mount and rangefinder coupling. What do you think about it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it was about maximizing the sales result - had I known that before, I would have kept silent... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
So it was about maximizing the sales result - had I known that before, I would have kept silent... Wink

No really to be honest) I was planning to put it on sale from the very beginning, cause I knew that it was a very rare lens. Another words: I'm in love in photography and shooting exclusively with manual lenses only, but my current financial situation always forcing me to sell rare and expensive lenses - to get a money back, what I rather invest on more important for me things. That's why I sold my Kinoptik 75mm, Kinoptik 100mm, Kino Plasmat 50mm 1.5 and so on. Not because I don't like them, but because I can not keep it, knowing about its market value(
So thank you a lot for your kind help! Please, don't be sad that you searched for an info that can potentially increase the market value of this unit. Help is a great thing and never can be reason for regrets.

p.s: I'll be happy if I can help you with something else. Maybe one day)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Extremely rare (one and only) lens Meyer Gorlitz Primotar 50mm 2.7 Macro Plasmat"
Price: US $4,999.00

Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
"Extremely rare (one and only) lens Meyer Gorlitz Primotar 50mm 2.7 Macro Plasmat"
Price: US $4,999.00

Rolling Eyes

with offers oportunity Wink