Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lens adapter from Contax RF to Leica M coupled?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:14 pm    Post subject: Lens adapter from Contax RF to Leica M coupled? Reply with quote

Hi folks, I've been searching for an adapter that supports rangefinder coupling on my Leica M7 for a Carl Zeiss Sonnar 50 f/1.5 Contax RF mount style.

I believe it is only made by Amedeo and even he is backlogged.

Are any else available in the industry (BTW, I searched this and other forums).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've enquired about this not so long ago. The results were basically Amadeo or lucky random ebay finds. Someone suggested Yeenon may also make some but did not find them (also did not contact, I postponed my Contax/Kiev-to-Leica project as I dislike the fiddly mount and also I already have quite some other lenses to use on my M)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you plan on only using the 50mm lenses on the Leica, get Amedeo's dedicated inner-bayonet mount. It allows close-focus to 0.7m, and has a much better feel to it compared with the adapters that support the lenses using the outer bayonet. The focus direction is the same as Leica. I have five adapters total, two of Amedeo's early inner/outer adapters, two made from Kiev mounts. The dedicated inner-mount adapter is by far the best in actual use.

https://cameraderie.org/threads/amedeos-new-contax-to-m-mount-adapter-for-internal-mount-lenses.39060/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:
If you plan on only using the 50mm lenses on the Leica, get Amedeo's dedicated inner-bayonet mount. It allows close-focus to 0.7m, and has a much better feel to it compared with the adapters that support the lenses using the outer bayonet. The focus direction is the same as Leica. I have five adapters total, two of Amedeo's early inner/outer adapters, two made from Kiev mounts. The dedicated inner-mount adapter is by far the best in actual use.

https://cameraderie.org/threads/amedeos-new-contax-to-m-mount-adapter-for-internal-mount-lenses.39060/

Happy to see you again here Brian, been a while!!! Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fiftyonepointsix wrote:

Quote:
Arrived Monday, ~$150 off of Ebay inclusive of Fed-Ex shipping charges. Arrived within a week. I have three West-German Zeiss 50mm F1.5 Sonnar T's, all perfect glass. I had one shimmed for Nikon S-Mount, decided to Zero that one for the new adapter optimized for wide-open use on the M9. A Second one is optimized for the M Monochrom and deep-yellow/Orange filter. The new adapter uses an "index-cam" to correct for the difference between Zeiss and Leica, to keep good agreement across the full focus range. This assumes a specific focal length for the lens, and there is always going to be some deviation from lens to lens. I have this one good for 0.7m to infinity at F1.5.

Brilliant. Thank so much. It is such a coincidence that I'm also prepping to fit three CZ Sonnar Contax RF Style 50 f/1.5 to Leica M9, M7 and Fuji X Pro1.