Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

How to remove mount from Isco Gottingen Exakta lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject: How to remove mount from Isco Gottingen Exakta lens? Reply with quote

I've got an Isco Westrogon 24mm f4 lens in Exakta mount that has a loose mount. I've tried to remove the mount to see if I can fix it, but haven't been able to figure out how to get the mount off the lens.

I've already tried removing the screws around the side of the mount, but that didn't do it. They just hold on a ring that goes 3/4 of the way around the lens.

There's also a ring on the rear that has a single set screw and is attached to the aperture ring (it turns when the aperture ring turns). I'm guessing that this ring works like a retaining ring and holds the mount on. I removed the set screw, but wasn't able to unscrew this ring. Any ideas how to remove this mount? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing some more research, this mount is similar to some Schneider Exakta mounts that are notoriously annoying to service. May just live with the wobble.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure speculation on my part, because i neved had such a lens, my guess is that the most outer ring at the back (with the small screw) when removed should allow for the whole optical block/front of the lens to come off, then you can work on the mount part from the "inside". But again...just guessing based on my experience with a flektogon 35/2.8 in an exakta mount.

Tomas