Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

F/S: Canon FD 300mm f/2.8 SSC Fluorite Lens Kit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject: F/S: Canon FD 300mm f/2.8 SSC Fluorite Lens Kit Reply with quote

Up for sale is an extremely rare, vintage 1975 Canon FD 300mm 1:2.8 S.S.C. Fluorite Lens set in mint / excellent condition.

I am a hobbyist photographer who picked this lens up for use with some of my older Canon collection items, however I find I have only used it a handful of times as I mainly shoot digital. I would prefer to pass it along to someone who can fully take advantage of this amazing piece of engineering artwork!

"This is a lens aimed at improving the performance of the FL300mm f/ 2.8 S.S.C. Large-aperture telephoto lens, which was released in February 1974, using Fluorite that is popular among demanding professional users including press photographers, while also offering full -aperture metering and automatic diaphragm control.

Together with the lens the FC 2x Extender was also developed [not included] and when used with the extender the FD 300mm f/ 2.8 S.S.C Fluorite Lens can also fully exhibit the functions and performance of a FD 600mm f/5.6 S.S.C Fluorite Lens.

Despite being a large aperture telephoto lens with a brightness of f/2.8, the combination of a Fluorite lens element and optical glass elements keeps chromatic aberration extremely small, offering high resolution and high contract definition even at maximum aperture, while also achieving light and smooth focusing through the adoption of a new bearing method for the helicoid.

Furthermore, automatic diaphragm control of a large aperture telephoto lens, which was previously considered to be difficult due to the time lag from the diaphragm blades, has been achieved through the development of a new diaphragm unit, improving operability as a new type of zoom lens." ~ www.lens-db.com

Lens construction is comprised of 6 elements, in 5 groups including 1 FL

The Super Specta Coating is applied to the surface of the lens elements. It boosts light transmission, ensures sharp and high contrast images, minimizes ghosting and flares.

Kit includes all original paperwork, 5 filters with pouch, tripod mount, and original carrying case.

Lens is free of scratches, and the outer surface has almost no aesthetic flaws.

Items are listed for sale in multiple locations;

Lens is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Asking $1,199.99 plus shipping, obo.

Paypal and USPS money order accepted.

Lens kit will be shipped with care, utilizing appropriate packaging and insured at full value.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject: Re: F/S: Canon FD 300mm f/2.8 SSC Fluorite Lens Kit Reply with quote

jmila86 wrote:
Up for sale is an extremely rare, vintage 1975 Canon FD 300mm 1:2.8 S.S.C. Fluorite Lens set in mint / excellent condition.

I am a hobbyist photographer who picked this lens up for use with some of my older Canon collection items, however I find I have only used it a handful of times as I mainly shoot digital. I would prefer to pass it along to someone who can fully take advantage of this amazing piece of engineering artwork!

"This is a lens aimed at improving the performance of the FL300mm f/ 2.8 S.S.C. Large-aperture telephoto lens, which was released in February 1974, using Fluorite that is popular among demanding professional users including press photographers, while also offering full -aperture metering and automatic diaphragm control.

Together with the lens the FC 2x Extender was also developed [not included] and when used with the extender the FD 300mm f/ 2.8 S.S.C Fluorite Lens can also fully exhibit the functions and performance of a FD 600mm f/5.6 S.S.C Fluorite Lens.

Despite being a large aperture telephoto lens with a brightness of f/2.8, the combination of a Fluorite lens element and optical glass elements keeps chromatic aberration extremely small, offering high resolution and high contract definition even at maximum aperture, while also achieving light and smooth focusing through the adoption of a new bearing method for the helicoid.

Furthermore, automatic diaphragm control of a large aperture telephoto lens, which was previously considered to be difficult due to the time lag from the diaphragm blades, has been achieved through the development of a new diaphragm unit, improving operability as a new type of zoom lens." ~ www.lens-db.com

Lens construction is comprised of 6 elements, in 5 groups including 1 FL

The Super Specta Coating is applied to the surface of the lens elements. It boosts light transmission, ensures sharp and high contrast images, minimizes ghosting and flares.

Kit includes all original paperwork, 5 filters with pouch, tripod mount, and original carrying case.

Lens is free of scratches, and the outer surface has almost no aesthetic flaws.

Items are listed for sale in multiple locations;

Lens is located in Phoenix, AZ.
Asking $1,199.99 plus shipping, obo.

Paypal and USPS money order accepted.

Lens kit will be shipped with care, utilizing appropriate packaging and insured at full value.

Welcome jmila86

Please provide some marketplace references such as ebay id, or link to activity on other photo forums. Please notice to post ads here requires 100 forum posts so we can get to know you better. Thanks!

http://forum.mflenses.com/marketplace-rules-t32548.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello again,

My names is James, my ebay id is iusethistobuystuff, where I have 300+ feedback 100% positive.

I live in Phoenix, AZ.

I've been active on many car forums typically, and local hobby groups in the area.

I'll happily post some more threads for intro etc.

Thanks for allowing my post.

Best

James

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice lens. Like 1 small