Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: The Royal Academy Summer Exhibition Reply with quote

Just a link to mentions of the photographs at this years Royal Academy's annual Summer Exhibition http://www.telegraph.co.uk/arts/main.jhtml?xml=/arts/2007/06/05/basummer105.xml

One for Orio Smile Shocked
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Tim-Long-What-Can-a-Body-Be-at-Royal-Academy-of-Arts

If anybody can find any links showing any of the photos please post them. I for one would love to see them.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never deny the power of the grotesque in the images for sure!
But as a photographer, I would like to research for the grotesque in what the reality places in front of me, and maybe people is not able to see at the first sight.
I would find it a more challenging purpose than to sit down at a computer and hit the "liquid filter" button.

As an artist, I would surely enjoy to create grotesque images that don't exist. But I would consider that a task that is different from photography.

That's all. It's my point of view. It's what photography is for me: writing with the light, as the name itself says. Not writing with the pixels. I consider that the artist's task.
I surely don't pretend that the other people shares my point of view. If they do, great. IF they don't, no problem, to each one it's own way.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't comment as I have not seen the images the only details I have are

'To explore the power that grotesque images can have on the imagination, which is also the main focus'

The idea of grotesque images is interesting (We agree again)
I have no idea if the digital images mentioned in the link are manipulated or not.
I hope somebody has more luck than I have in finding some of the Academy images reproduced on the web.

I recently did a semi grotesque image for a poster being used by the Brook Advisory centre in the UK. Not at all suitable for posting on the forum but you can find it on my Photo Blog title 'Safe Sex. (March)
You will hate it! Laughing
You will also find 'Painting with light' (January)