Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone else using Rapid-cameras here
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Anyone else using Rapid-cameras here Reply with quote

I think they are kind of fun because you can load shorter bits of film to casettes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2019 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I "played" with some 'Rapid' cameras about 15-20 years ago, for a short while. My favourite was the Fujica Rapid D1, half-frame 18x24mm negative, automatic exposure with a selenium cell (like the Olympus Trip) and a clockwork motor drive, unfortunately the example I acquired didn't actually work!

There were also a couple of Olympus 'Pen' models that were probably about as advanced as any in this format - good fun Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an amazing array of these rapids, even an slr, don't remember what brand.

Problem with most of them they are old selenium cell based automatic exposure cameras and most of them don't work. And they have this pre-dx-coding system of iso-detection with a metal pin. That's why I was glad to find this Minolta which is fully mechanical.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A dig in the cupboard uncovered these Smile

The Agfa Silette is fully manual, f/2.8 45mm lens and shutter 1/30-1/250+B

The Isopan ISS b&w film is 21DIN-100ASA, the CNS colour film is 20DIN-80ASA

The packet of three flashcubes (12 flashes) has a price label of £1.40

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice you still have them!

I also have some cubes I intend to use with an agfamatic 100 or 200 (have them both)