Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meopta Meostigmat f1.0 / 50mm at the advent flower shop
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject: Meopta Meostigmat f1.0 / 50mm at the advent flower shop Reply with quote

Visited my friend's flower shop today to shoot the annual advent deco there...

Full set using this lens is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/kds315/albums/72157689252505212

Last edited by kds315* on Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:14 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay these push the limits in terms of the other topic here about are fast lenses needed -- these cannot be reproduced with a slower lens! By push the limits I mean all my friends would say these are all out of focus but I appreciate the eye-direction, out of focus areas and Bokeh background.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys!

visualopsins wrote:
Okay these push the limits in terms of the other topic here about are fast lenses needed -- these cannot be reproduced with a slower lens! By push the limits I mean all my friends would say these are all out of focus but I appreciate the eye-direction, out of focus areas and Bokeh background.

I take it as a compliment that you discovered why I'm doing this - indeed it is guiding the eyes of the viewer using selective sharpness; hence why I'm using such lenses Wink

I have added the link to the whole series...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice piece of lens Exclamation

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a very impressive set of images you have up at Flickr, Klaus. I'm really curious about that lens. Do you perhaps have a photo of the lens, including any sort of helical you've adapted to it, that you can show us?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
That's a very impressive set of images you have up at Flickr, Klaus. I'm really curious about that lens. Do you perhaps have a photo of the lens, including any sort of helical you've adapted to it, that you can show us?

http://forum.mflenses.com/meopta-50mm-f1-0-t76746.html
IIRC, it has a really short back focus.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice little lens, here on my old Nex-5, with experimental helicoid solution by Henry.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

The lens barrel has to be shortened first see first pics 1+2 (while doing so, the rear lens group will need to be taken out, later re-inserted again). I then used Rafcamera adapter pieces to mount onto a chinese M65 helicoid (pic 3+4):

On my Panasonic GH4 this then leaves quite some space, so it focuses quite a bit over infinity, which I adjust using the set-screws of the lens mounting adapter ring. Focusing range here is infinity to some 150mm close-up Wink

I recommend using a clamp-on sunshade as there are no front threads

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool piece of work adapting such a cool piece of glass--love the roses. jt

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Focusthrow wrote:
Cool piece of work adapting such a cool piece of glass--love the roses. jt

Thank you!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some excelent work here klaus!
i own a gh5 and soon i will own that meopta also:) i will try to follow your guidelines:)