Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss --
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject: first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss -- Reply with quote

Visited the London 'Sky Garden' -- luckily it was sunny ! I took my 2002 Hasselblad 501CM loaded with some outdated Fuji Velvia 100F 120 size given by a Camera Club member. I rated it at 100ASA, using a Weston Master V and got some good snaps with the Zeiss lenses.
50mm f4 CFi Distagon T*

180mm f4 CFi Sonnar T*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject: Re: first try with Fuji Velvia 100F and Zeiss -- Reply with quote

pentaxpete wrote:
… loaded with some outdated Fuji Velvia 100F 120 size given by a Camera Club member. ...

Raid his fridge Pete, because that's where he must be keeping it. Lovely Like 1 small .

I have a brick of a book called 'The Earth from the air' by Yann Arthus-Bertrand. It's all shot with Fuji Velvia 50. If you can pick it up at a reasonable price (mine was from a charity shop), it's great for a browse.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really attractive those blues in sky from positive films. Saturated colors are the first thing why to shoot on such film by my opinion. Also contrast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very nice! Good colours especially in the greens.

The first time I shot Velvia 100 (the new stuff), it looked like crap, and every image was very soft compared to my negative scans despite having virtually no grain (which meant I could sharpen it up plenty afterwards).