Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

An unusual Soligor 135mm f/2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 am    Post subject: An unusual Soligor 135mm f/2.8 Reply with quote

Got this lens recently. Looks like a Soligor Elitar cine lens, but it doesn't say Elitar and it is Exakta mount. Tried briefly and wide open it is just ok. It is a beautiful piece, though. One issue is the aperture blades are not in the correct position. I am not sure how hard the repair would be. Or should I just return it? For $30+shipping, I could potentially keep it. It is also interesting to know who manufactured this particular Soligor,as there is a very short serial number: No. S 495. Thanks for any suggestion or information.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go.

http://forum.mflenses.com/juplen-135mm-f2-8-22-blade-version-t33158,highlight,%2Bjuplen.html

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's pretty! I don't have any information to share or further illuminate the history of this one. But felt compelled to simple say nice find! For what you paid, it seems to me like it's worth it in intrigue!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
Here you go.

http://forum.mflenses.com/juplen-135mm-f2-8-22-blade-version-t33158,highlight,%2Bjuplen.html

Aha, thanks for the link. So I shouldn't call it unusual. Smile

I remembered that I read that post when searching Juplen 135mm. Not a star performer. Plus the aperture blades need repair...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justtorchit wrote:
Wow, that's pretty! I don't have any information to share or further illuminate the history of this one. But felt compelled to simple say nice find! For what you paid, it seems to me like it's worth it in intrigue!

Thanks. From that link, it is made by Fujitar. When I looked the rear cap of this Soligor 135mm, it reminded me of another lens' rear cap. I couldn't remember exactly which lens. But now I realize it is the Fujitar 35mm f/2.5 retrofocus lens that I have.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a star performer, but something of a pioneering product of the Japanese third party lens industry. One of the first, if not the first, Japanese slr lenses offered for sale in the US. Its the first one of that sort that shows up in the Seymours Exakta catalog for instance. The other very early ones were Arco and Sun, which compete for that honor.

IIRC a member here found one in its makers own branding, I don't recall if it was Taisei (now Tamron) or Komura, but it was one of those surprising makers. I once thought it might have been Fujita, a true pioneer also, but that was disproven.

I once had three or four of these, and still have one.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Not a star performer, but something of a pioneering product of the Japanese third party lens industry. One of the first, if not the first, Japanese slr lenses offered for sale in the US. Its the first one of that sort that shows up in the Seymours Exakta catalog for instance. The other very early ones were Arco and Sun, which compete for that honor.

IIRC a member here found one in its makers own branding, I don't recall if it was Taisei (now Tamron) or Komura, but it was one of those surprising makers. I once thought it might have been Fujita, a true pioneer also, but that was disproven.

I once had three or four of these, and still have one.

Thanks, Luis. That's interesting to know. My previous speculation that this lens is made by Fujita is because I have a Fujita made lens that has the same rear lens cap (with some unique identification). Now that you said it is probably by other manufactures, I'd say my speculation could be wrong.