Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mount identification before getting an adapter
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject: Mount identification before getting an adapter Reply with quote

Hi guys,

I need some help identifying a mount of which the owner claims that it is a Olympus mount.
I asked him what mount it was, so I could get the right adapter and he said that his grandfather who used the lens did it on a Olympus OM2.
What do you say?
Thanks for your help in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a OM adapter on a T-mount. If you remove it and get a native T-mount adapter for your system you get a much sturdier combination for such a big lens.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, it's a T Mount for OM. The lens release button on the side is a giveaway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I agree, it's a T Mount for OM. The lens release button on the side is a giveaway.

I'd seen that & was looking for the second (stop down) button I've always had on OM mount. But I suppose that's not applicable to T mount lenses...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

I'd seen that & was looking for the second (stop down) button I've always had on OM mount. But I suppose that's not applicable to T mount lenses...

Tamron AD adapters don't have that either, don't know why, maybe too difficult to engineer?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A somewhat belated respons but I have been very busy.... Cool
Thanks for the info, it seems that the seller was right in assuming it was an Olympus mount.
But I ended up buying another lens than this one so in the end the info was no longer needed.
Here's a pic of the one I bought, the Zeiss Sonnar Olympia 180mm f2.8 with EXA/Exakta mount which was in pristine condition.
PS: The 'stripes' in the light reflection are caused by my blinds who are above my desk.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today I received the Exakta/Nex adapter and was able to take a few pics with the lens mounted on my Sony A7III.
Here's how that looks like. Cool

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcel B wrote:
Here's a pic of the one I bought, the Zeiss Sonnar Olympia 180mm f2.8 with EXA/Exakta mount which was in pristine condition.

Ok, that was an upgrade. Safe to say better than any T-mount lens? Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually the other lens was a Sonnar Olympia 180mm f2.8 too..... Mr. Green
So, not much of an upgrade, but definitely a bit more easy to find an adapter which would enable me to put it straight onto my A7III!