Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Telefogar 3.5/90 Altix mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Meyer Telefogar 3.5/90 Altix mount Reply with quote

I just purchased this lens locally for $18 (5000 HUN. ft.) It has a scratch on the front lens element on the outer edge
otherwise it seems fine to me. Now I will need to adapt it to My Canon T3.
Maybe I will buy an Altix camera to try it on as they can be had for very little.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish you good luck for your adapter experiment. I hope it will be worth the necessary effort at the end of the day.
BTW, I have never seen a picture which was made with this lens.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:

there you go...

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16613

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tedat wrote:
tb_a wrote:

there you go...

http://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=16613

Thanks for the link. I am not very often there, although I am a registered member in that forum.
Pictures are btw. only seen by registered users. Wink
Looks not bad at least at these samples....

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
I wish you good luck for your adapter experiment. I hope it will be worth the necessary effort at the end of the day.

Thank you. I hope it will go smoothly. Fortunately philslizzy has posted information about
adapting Altix lenses here.http://forum.mflenses.com/yet-again-adapting-altix-lenses-t69770.html

There are a few pictures here on the forum.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lens! Congrats! M42 conversion is possible.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Great lens! Congrats! M42 conversion is possible.

Thank you Attila. Do you know someone who can do it?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah ha. I would be covered. :0)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALTIX-lens-to-CANON-EOS-M-EF-M-Adapter-/221755444907?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_212&hash=item33a1a78eab

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not cheap, but all others are also covered, besides some other rather strange mounts:
http://www.rrlens.com/index.html

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found it very easy to attach an M39-EOS adapter to the back of this lens. With some effort it can be screwed on to the flaps of the lens mount. It sits very tightly. I was able to achieve precise infinity focusing (at the correct position) for this lens on the EOS body. No issues hitting the mirror on my 5DmkII, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
I found it very easy to attach an M39-EOS adapter to the back of this lens. With some effort it can be screwed on to the flaps of the lens mount. It sits very tightly. I was able to achieve precise infinity focusing (at the correct position) for this lens on the EOS body. No issues hitting the mirror on my 5DmkII, too.

Thank you. Do you have any photos of the attached lens or the adaption process?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no process as such, as I just screwed the adapter on. I'll try taking pictures of the result in the next couple days, and post them here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aoleg wrote:
There's no process as such, as I just screwed the adapter on. I'll try taking pictures of the result in the next couple days, and post them here.

Hmmmm... mine does not fit at all to screw into the m39 adapter. Did you file it down a little?
Or do you mean the M42 adapter? That seems possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put the flange against the M42 adaptor,mark it with a sharpie then file gently some of the thread away, trying the lens for fit. It will slide in. I glue mine to the adaptor using hot glue at the back. That does it. If you file the adaptor well wnough you can still put M42 lenses on it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
Put the flange against the M42 adaptor,mark it with a sharpie then file gently some of the thread away, trying the lens for fit. It will slide in. I glue mine to the adaptor using hot glue at the back. That does it. If you file the adaptor well wnough you can still put M42 lenses on it.

I didn't even have to file the adapter. Just used some force to get it going, and screwed it on all the way. To my surprise, this gave me the correct infinity focusing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurrah, that was lucky! when you've got tired of it, it'll always find a home here with my little Altix family.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapting is very easy. Proof of being easy is that I did it. Grinding or filing down the M42 (not M39) internal threads at the three locations allows the lens to slip in place easily. I did on one occasion force the Altix into the M42 adapter by screwing, but do not recommend it. In the case where I did it, I left the lens not fully in so I could use it closer focus. I would be concerned that screwing in might force the adapter out of perfect round or alignment, and possibly the lens not sitting perfectly flush with adapter flange.

I used a good cyanoacrylate (thick version) glue, placing several drops (maybe six) around the flange, then holding tight for 15 or 20 seconds. It holds together very well.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

View Telefogar images here: http://www.flickriver.com/photos/tags/telefogar/interesting/

A good place to view pictures from any lens.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hoped to screw the lens on to the M42 to EOS adapter after filing the flanges down to have a thinner edge.
However when I did that the lens easily pushed into the adapter. Therefore I glued it with a more permanent glue.
Filing down the EOS adapter would not have been as easy to do as filing down a M42 to PK adapter (which I don't
have any way). It reaches a tiny bit over infinity. I think it is a nice lens. Here are some quick shots no PP.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adapter Altix NEX Sony E from Poland: Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that information. Price is so tempting that I've resigned from making my own from broken Altix and got one from different source Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pavko wrote:
Thanks for that information. Price is so tempting that I've resigned from making my own from broken Altix and got one from different source Smile

You haven't kept up with information. Can use M42 adapter easily by grinding threads in three places and use glue to hold. M42 to NEX about $7.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've considered this method also, but having 3 altix lenses (35, 50, 90) I just want something sturdy that will alow me to quickly change them. So this offer won. Plus I feel that I'm doing something good for my country's economy and growth.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some more from this lens with some using a macro tube.
Contrast and some sharpening applied on some.

#12 I think this cropped

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small