Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Walz lens?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:55 am    Post subject: Walz lens? Reply with quote

Just bought this lens(Walz 135mm f3.8 LTM), search on google and could not find any information about it.
I have a similar one but made by Arco, I guess maybe it's just an Arco tele-colinar rebadged?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walz was another US importer, active in the 50's-60's. You will find all sorts of miscellaneous stuff, filters and the like, under the Walz brand.

This Arco (which it seems to be) is the first one of that make I have seen Walz-branded, but Walz did import lenses.

Their greatest achievement was the elegant, exclusively branded Walz Envoy rangefinder camera, especially those with the S Kominar 4.8cm f/1.9 seven-element Sonnar copy. Walz was so proud of that that the lens formula is engraved on the top plate of the Envoy.

I think the camera itself may have been made by Mamiya.