Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is reidreviews.com worth a subscription?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:16 pm    Post subject: Is reidreviews.com worth a subscription? Reply with quote

Somebody means that this site is the best in order to evaluate a lens and the other reviews sites are so-so. Is that right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on purpose or need. Smile

$39.95 a year is a lot of money imho. I don’t know why anybody would pay for what you get here at mflenses.com for free (please contribute, however! ).

The site does have some free reviews for evaluation links in Read Without A Subscription section of https://www.reidreviews.com/articleindextable.html

Maybe there's a subscriber here who has experience. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Is reidreviews.com worth a subscription? Reply with quote

Eriksen wrote:
Somebody means that this site is the best in order to evaluate a lens and the other reviews sites are so-so. Is that right?

I've spent an one-year subscription a while ago as I was interested particularly in his reviews of the Ricoh GXR-M and several Leica and Voigtlaender RF lenses.

Anyway, at least I found no reason to continue.... Wink

I think it depends what you are looking for. Most cameras and lenses are reviewed more than good enough somewhere else and finally it's always somehow subjective if a camera or a lens suits your personal needs and taste.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also subscribe for a year only, and also for reviews of RF lenses. It was ok, but nothing “special” or beyond what you can find out from other free reviewers. I’m mostly looking at the images produced to guide my selection, since other aspects of all other reviews are going to be subjective. Even looking at images can be misleading (are they OOC or have they been altered?), especially if thy aren’t the type of shots you would make yourself.

So I guess it’s a personal decision. If the fee isn’t a problem for you, and you like what you see in th free reviews, go for it.

Happy shooting