Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon Z mount adapters for our older MF lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Nikon Z mount adapters for our older MF lenses Reply with quote

These Nikon Z FF camera bodies are hot, having apparently actually been designed for FF sensors (imagine that!)

I'm ready to hop aboard except cannot locate needed adapters for my MF lenses. m42 adapters are available but they cost a fortune. Worth having, though.

I'm in particular searching for a way to adapt my Konica Hexanon glass to Nikon Z. So far: no luck.

The suitability of Nikon Z for FF manifests itself, BTW, when you check out the larger diameter of the Nikon Z mount as contrasted with, for example, Sony. Sony's much smaller mount diameter was designed originally for APS-C sensors. They sort of shoehorned in the FF sensor. Nikon started with a clean sheet of paper and got it right.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Z-mount Nikons are still pretty new. Give the people who make the adapters a little time to design and produce their Z-mount adapters. I'm sure that, in a few more months, they'll be plentiful on eBay and other sources.