Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vintage Primes Between 58 and 85
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

folderholder wrote:
75-80mm is the normal focal length for medium format cameras. There are some outstanding older lenses from Zeiss, Nikon, Mamiya, etc. that can be adapted to digital cameras. Even on full frame only the central part of the image circle gets used with these. OTOH, they are larger and heavier than most 35mm lenses.

I will check out medium format lenses. I see there is at least one Takumar in the range I'm looking for. Large and heavy? Sounds like my kind of glass! Smile

martinsmith99 wrote:
How about enlarger lenses? Stupidly cheap and sharp.

I'm open to enlarger lenses. The one slide projector lens I have is great fun.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KMZ PO2-2M 75mm F2.0 from Konvas Oct 18 cine camera.Just picked one up and have it working on A7ii,some vignetting ( not bad) otherwise lovely rendering and I`ve sen some sumptuous portraits on flickr with it.Bokeh full of character too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macca wrote:
KMZ PO2-2M 75mm F2.0 from Konvas Oct 18 cine camera.Just picked one up and have it working on A7ii,some vignetting ( not bad) otherwise lovely rendering and I`ve sen some sumptuous portraits on flickr with it.Bokeh full of character too.

That sounds interesting. I'll give it a look. Thanks.

I must admit I still find myself lusting after the Heliar Classic. I don't think I can be blamed for that though. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the zeiss 60mm makro planar is out there (and on my wish list) but its barely inside your low end FL.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Voigtlander Color-Heliar 2.5/75 in LTM mount. An excellent performer. Far better, in my opinion, to the later M mount 1.8/75 version.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
Voigtlander Color-Heliar 2.5/75 in LTM mount. An excellent performer. Far better, in my opinion, to the later M mount 1.8/75 version.

Why do you say it's better?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the Rokkor 58mm f1.2, 85 mm f 1.7 (portrait), f2.0 (landscape) and varisoft 2.8, you can cover everything... with the same adapter.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
newst wrote:

I own the LTM version and, some time ago, was able to swap with an acquaintance who owned the M mount version. In my opinion the bokeh from the faster lens was more harsh and I preferred the look produced by the slower lens.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newst wrote:
KEO wrote:
newst wrote:

I own the LTM version and, some time ago, was able to swap with an acquaintance who owned the M mount version. In my opinion the bokeh from the faster lens was more harsh and I preferred the look produced by the slower lens.

Okay, thanks. I'll consider this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEO wrote:
Ernst Dinkla wrote:
Sigma 70mm 2.8 macro available in several mounts. There is a new version so the former one could be called vintage. There is a switch to true manual on it. Excellent for infinity too, good bokeh on top.

Thanks, I'll take a look!

Well I could not resist the Sigma DG 70mm 2.8 EF mount at 150 Euro. It has all the qualities other users mentioned and shows why Imaging Resource used it as the lens to test cameras. Big though. Tinkering a 75mm alternative as a smaller package now, salvaged scanner lens, fixed aperture.