Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Industar 50-2 and its wandering aperture ring
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:22 pm    Post subject: Industar 50-2 and its wandering aperture ring Reply with quote

Got myself an Industar 50-2. What a nice little lens! But now I noticed that the white dot indicating the aperture value is somewhat misplaced. The aperture in the attached photo should be f3.5. It worked like it should last time I used it. Any idea what's going on? How to fix it?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spy a set screw next to the dot. There are probably 2 more set screws. May be as simple as loosening those, turn the ring to proper position, retighten.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
I spy a set screw next to the dot. There are probably 2 more set screws.

There's only that one. After a closer inspection I'm not sure if it's even a screw. Very Happy See, there's nothing visible on the opposite side, in the filter threads.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:08 am    Post subject: Solved Reply with quote

Okay, solved, I loosened the ring around the back element, with two holes in it. After that I rotated the aperture ring's white dot in position and then tightened the ring in the back.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoo Turtle Congrats Like 1