Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Removing front assembly of Mamiya/Sekor 2.8/135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject: Removing front assembly of Mamiya/Sekor 2.8/135mm Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get the lens restored to working order -- oil on aperture blades. I tried to have the front lens assembly removed but was unable to unscrew it as described elsewhere. I see no other way how it can be removed. If anyone can offer advice on how to proceed, please do. Rear elements were no big challenge, though some lacquer for thread locking was in the way at times.

Thanks in advance,
/DJ

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome dev_zzo

Can't remove name ring?. Have tool? Click here to see on Ebay If cannot remove with tool, may be glued. Others here have experience with that, using solvents iirc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mamiya had some good threadlocker and was not afraid to use it. You'll have to fight your way through it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Mamiya had some good threadlocker and was not afraid to use it. You'll have to fight your way through it.

Indeed. In the end, the problem was solved by removing the focusing barrel and dripping a lot of acetone on the junction to loosen the threadlocker up a bit. Then you can just turn it with bare hands.

All is well now, the patient has survived the operation. Smile Now I need a proper adapter as conventional M42-EOS doesn't fit properly...

Cheers,
/DJ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Like 1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear. Interestingly enough, I was cleaning up the other day and found a 135mm Sear/Sekor SX (it is the same lens) with a bad aperture. I had no problems whatsoever removing the front group.