Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mamiya M645 1000S
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:29 pm    Post subject: Mamiya M645 1000S Reply with quote

Since getting an Epson V750 pro I've been scanning my negs taken using the 1000S.

Ilford HP5 plus
Lifeless by Kyle, on Flickr

Fuji Neopan 400
Belle Vue by Kyle, on Flickr

Squirrel by Kyle, on Flickr

Keep Clear by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes! Nice!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Here are a few more I've scanned.

Jess-Neopan400 by Kyle, on Flickr

Jess2-Neopan400 by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both. Some more scans

Fuji Neopan 100 Acros - The detail is staggering in this one, really fine grain compared to all the other films I've scanned.
Charles Burrell & Sons by Kyle, on Flickr

Ilford Delta 400
Taking it easy by Kyle, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must be wonderfull camera, indeed.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice work, the pictures of jess have some great tones.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kei wrote:
Thank you both. Some more scans

Fuji Neopan 100 Acros - The detail is staggering in this one, really fine grain compared to all the other films I've scanned.
Charles Burrell & Sons by Kyle, on Flickr

Just sublime Kei. I've been fiddling around with the settings on my Fujifilm x-e1 trying to imitate Acros. I think I have to conclude there is nothing like the real thing *sigh*.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent work!

Like 1 Like 1

Acros is also my favourite. So sad Fuji axed it and now it's no more. Sad

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent images. The M645 1000s is a very capable tool, plus it's easy to find lenses and accessories for it.

I have a Bronica ETRSi and I'm quite fond of the images my camera provides. The 645 format is very useful. Still a big image, not as big as a 6x7 or 6x9, of course, but the flexibility one has with this format renders less significant any apparent drawbacks due to negative size. I think the flexibility of this format more than makes up for any image size "drawbacks."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

I have a Bronica ETRSi and I'm quite fond of the images my camera provides. The 645 format is very useful. Still a big image, not as big as a 6x7 or 6x9, of course, but the flexibility one has with this format renders less significant any apparent drawbacks due to negative size. I think the flexibility of this format more than makes up for any image size "drawbacks."

Last time I realise couple things about those format relativities and also about how you named it "drawback". Mainly M645 with mettered prism can be hopefully fast and versatile cam. Ofcourse that with waistlevel finder you are capable of beautiful angles. I mean format on which you capturing things and people is important to that matter of what you tring to shoot. 120 roll film has also better capabilities that 135mm film and so. And 55mm on 45mm is still big image.