Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron Adaptall. New grips.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:11 am    Post subject: Tamron Adaptall. New grips. Reply with quote

I found this lovely Tamron BBAR SZ-38. 38-100 f3.5 in a dealers box of junk at last weeks Camera Fair, it looked a bit sad with the missing rubber grips and a few light marks on the silver finish, but the glass is perfect, absolutely unmarked. So I paid the guy £3 for it, with the Olympus OM mount.

I'd already got a few Adaptall lenses, and most needed new rubber grips, these lenses are notorious for the grips going brittle and breaking off. My answer to the problem is, glue some nice leather on in it's place.

I did the black 300 f5.6 in red, it looks good on the Yashica FX-D. I've got a bit more of this red leather and another FX-D.

My other Adaptall's, the 28 f2.8 has some Tokina rubber grips on it, those will have to go. The 35-80 f2.8 3.5 Macro has brittle rubbers, they'll be changed. The 135 F2.8 is mint, it came in it's case and box and the grips look good so I'll leave that alone. Lastly, the 85-210 f45.5 is getting done as well, I've had this lens for a long time and it's rather good.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had that white 300/5.6. Just days before I sold it the aperture ring just crumbeled in my hands. I save the pieces and handed them in a film canister to the next owner. Also gave him a piece of tape that is used on floors and stars against slipping. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Job done, that's all the Tamron's and Yashica's with worn out and missing grips repaired and looking good. Very Happy

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have anarchosyndicalist Yashica set. Very Happy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anarcho-syndicalism

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anarcho-syndicalism, I like that name. Lol

Nice work Lloydy!