Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

UV Nikkor 105mm f4.5, flowers etc. on park walk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject: UV Nikkor 105mm f4.5, flowers etc. on park walk Reply with quote

Taken on a walk round the local park today. UV images on a d810 (modified for UV by ACS in the UK), and a UV Nikkor lens. ISO10,000 (yes, 10,000), 1/100s, and either f5.6 or f8, depending on the image. High ISO needed as I was hand holding, and even in sunlight, the UV is not that high at this time of year. Oh lord, give me In Body Image Stabilisation. White balanced against PTFE in Darktable. Colour image included of one of the Dandelions for comparison with the UV one.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very, very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Nice Jonathan! ISO10.000, now that is a word!!
Not with my cameras for sure, 1.600 - max3.200 doable.

Did you harvest that Parasol (Macrolepiota procera) mushroom?
Quite nice panfriend with some eggwash...makes a nice veggie burger.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks All. It amazes me how the newer cameras cope with extremely high ISO settings.

Unfortunately not Klaus. This was in Windsor Great Park - the Royals take a dim view of people picking anything Smile

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMC wrote:
Thanks All. It amazes me how the newer cameras cope with extremely high ISO settings.

Unfortunately not Klaus. This was in Windsor Great Park - the Royals take a dim view of people picking anything Smile

Yep, they have come a long way, Nikon + Sony leading the field of high ISO performance!!
Bummer, guess the Queen likes them, too Laugh 1