Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

P645 Achilles Heel
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:30 am    Post subject: P645 Achilles Heel Reply with quote

My Pentax 645 experienced battery clip shatter. Everything has been fine till this last time, power just went... so I suspected I needed new AA batteries. But when I ejected the clip it was shattered, the plastic in small pieces on a good part of the clip.

OK, there must be plenty of spare parts out in the world. Only, No.

Turns out the 3 ways to get a new battery clip 1) buy another body with a good clip 2) buy a grip with a good clip 3) buy the remote battery holder with a good clip. None are exactly cheap options.

I'll see about using two 3-battery holders lashed together as a power source. Unlikely to fit the grip gracefully, so perhaps via a remote battery holder.

Also, are there things one can do to reinforce the plastic (gaffer's tape? Glue?) so it won't shatter?

Sadly, without the batteries the P645 is essentially inoperative.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

possibly have one made with a 3-D printer.

Phil