Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with lens Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Help with lens Mount Reply with quote

Hi

I just picked up a Carl Zeiss Jena 70-210 zoom lens & I need help to identify the mount. Its not Sony A or E, Minolta MD, Pentax, Canon or Nikon. I have all those adapters & it does not fit. The bottom cap has FX on it ? could that possibly mean Fuji ??
It only cost a few $ so not too worried if its not the best lens in the world, but if possible I would like to adapt it to my E-mount A6000.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is Fuji AX mount. This is Fuji's bayonet mount when they replaced the M42 screw mount on their 35mm film cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Fujica X

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Fujica_X_lenses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I think it is Fuji AX mount. This is Fuji's bayonet mount when they replaced the M42 screw mount on their 35mm film cameras.

Thanks I think your right, I just looked at the serial no. it's AX97600440.

Now all I have to do is find an adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

Here you go:- Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks every one for the help, I have just ordered the adapter from China. I have tried free lensing & it actualy looks petty good, Hopefully even better with the adapter?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean on of these:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/349020-carl-zeiss-jena-70-210-a.html

Licensed by Zeiss, made by Cosina or Sigma(I've seen arguments for both)
I had one, it was actually quite good, wish I kept it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/czjzeiss70210macro/
I still have the 28/2.8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

I recently got a lens in Fuji AX mount and bought an adapter to nex. It seems the adapter is not very popular or I should say AX mount wasn't a popular so the adapter costs about $20, compared with other mounts which cost around $10. My favorite ebay adapter seller (in US) don't carry them. I am ordering one from China, will need to wait for a month or more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I assume you mean on of these:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/349020-carl-zeiss-jena-70-210-a.html

Licensed by Zeiss, made by Cosina or Sigma(I've seen arguments for both)
I had one, it was actually quite good, wish I kept it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/czjzeiss70210macro/
I still have the 28/2.8

Thats the one, exactly the same, case & lens. Is it likely to be any good?? or have I wasted $25.00 ?

Correction it's not exactly the same mine is marked JENNAZOOM 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily worth $25
I did post a link to pics from mine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

I recently got a lens in Fuji AX mount and bought an adapter to nex. It seems the adapter is not very popular or I should say AX mount wasn't a popular so the adapter costs about $20, compared with other mounts which cost around $10. My favorite ebay adapter seller (in US) don't carry them. I am ordering one from China, will need to wait for a month or more.

The wait may not be that long
I've ordered quite a few photography related bits from China. Some arrive in as little as week, and a few never make it. Most seem to be 3-4 weeks. I doubt there's much difference between US & UK delivery times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

The wait may not be that long
I've ordered quite a few photography related bits from China. Some arrive in as little as week, and a few never make it. Most seem to be 3-4 weeks. I doubt there's much difference between US & UK delivery times.

+1 to not much difference in delivery times to West Coast of US.