Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1950's Kodachrome
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:14 pm    Post subject: 1950's Kodachrome Reply with quote

One of the things my mother left me was a (metal) box of kodak slides she took in the 1950's. These slides are in excellent condition as far as I can tell. A good portion being of a 1956 bicycle tour she did with a friend in Europe. Fortunately she did write the year and place and many of the slides. These are all Kodak mounted slides, so I assume they were shot using Kodachrome. I don't know what camera it was.

Judging by what I found on wikipedia in combination with the year this must have been ASA12 or ASA16 film (wow that's slow). Other than the fact that I wish I had inherited my mother's artistic eye on many of these slides you can tell they were taken in the 1950's just by looking at the colors and contrast. I think it is really beautiful.

I am sure this question asked been asked and answered many times before, but is there a way to approach this look from a digital raw file? And what makes it so distinctive?

Regards, Christine

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-create-a-Kodachrome-look-in-Photoshop