Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spiratone 35mm f/1.8 by Mitake
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:47 pm    Post subject: Spiratone 35mm f/1.8 by Mitake Reply with quote

This lens seems to live up with its reputation. Wide open indoor, the EVF is so bright. As a comparison, I put on the Vivitar 35mm f/1.9 and it shows lower contrast wide open indoor. Sharpness-wise, the Mitake is comparable, probably very slightly less sharper (definitely need a careful comparison to reach any meaning conclusion). Please pardon the boring maple leaves. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that's also seen as a Soligor and Miranda? It's a decent lens in any guise.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice find!

Congrats

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it shorter than the Vivitar 35mm f1.9? The picture seems to suggest that it is not quite as long as the Vivitar?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

Thank you!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
I guess that's also seen as a Soligor and Miranda? It's a decent lens in any guise.

It seems not the same lens as Soligor 35mm f/2 (Tokina). I don't own the Soligor/Miranda one. Will have a comparison photo shortly.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Nice find!

Congrats

Thanks. Indeed! I even negotiated the price a little bit. Smile

Last edited by vivaldibow on Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:01 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RnR wrote:
Is it shorter than the Vivitar 35mm f1.9? The picture seems to suggest that it is not quite as long as the Vivitar?

Yes, it is shorter. Here is a comparison photo of all these lenses: bottom lens caps not removed.

Left to Right: Vivitar 35mm f/1.9, Soligor 35mm f/2, Spiratone/Mitake 35mm f/1.8, Soligor 35mm f/2.8

Will add the Minolta Rokkor HH 35mm f1/8 to make a comparison.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow... thats a wee bit of difference. Thanks for posting that Like 1 small

Very happy with my Vivitar 35mm f1.9, but it is a a tad on the big size.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RnR wrote:
Oh wow... thats a wee bit of difference. Thanks for posting that Like 1 small

Very happy with my Vivitar 35mm f1.9, but it is a a tad on the big size.

You are welcome. The vivitar is on the larger/longer size which makes it a little awkward with the adapter on E mount camera. But yes, I like it too. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

It seems not the same lens as Soligor 35mm f/2 (Tokina). I don't own the Soligor/Miranda one. Will have a comparison photo shortly.

Soligor NEVER sold 35mm 1.8
Miranda NEVER sold 35mm 1.8 or 35mm 2.0

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PBFACTS wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
Lloydy wrote:

Soligor NEVER sold 35mm 1.8
Miranda NEVER sold 35mm 1.8 or 35mm 2.0

You are right. I guess Lloydy meant the 35mm f/2.