Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with lens Mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Help with lens Mount Reply with quote

Hi

I just picked up a Carl Zeiss Jena 70-210 zoom lens & I need help to identify the mount. Its not Sony A or E, Minolta MD, Pentax, Canon or Nikon. I have all those adapters & it does not fit. The bottom cap has FX on it ? could that possibly mean Fuji ??
It only cost a few $ so not too worried if its not the best lens in the world, but if possible I would like to adapt it to my E-mount A6000.
Any suggestions ?

Thanks Andrew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is Fuji AX mount. This is Fuji's bayonet mount when they replaced the M42 screw mount on their 35mm film cameras.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like Fujica X

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Fujica_X_lenses

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DigiChromeEd wrote:
I think it is Fuji AX mount. This is Fuji's bayonet mount when they replaced the M42 screw mount on their 35mm film cameras.

Thanks I think your right, I just looked at the serial no. it's AX97600440.

Now all I have to do is find an adapter?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

Here you go:- Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks every one for the help, I have just ordered the adapter from China. I have tried free lensing & it actualy looks petty good, Hopefully even better with the adapter?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume you mean on of these:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/349020-carl-zeiss-jena-70-210-a.html

Licensed by Zeiss, made by Cosina or Sigma(I've seen arguments for both)
I had one, it was actually quite good, wish I kept it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/czjzeiss70210macro/
I still have the 28/2.8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

I recently got a lens in Fuji AX mount and bought an adapter to nex. It seems the adapter is not very popular or I should say AX mount wasn't a popular so the adapter costs about $20, compared with other mounts which cost around $10. My favorite ebay adapter seller (in US) don't carry them. I am ordering one from China, will need to wait for a month or more.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
I assume you mean on of these:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/349020-carl-zeiss-jena-70-210-a.html

Licensed by Zeiss, made by Cosina or Sigma(I've seen arguments for both)
I had one, it was actually quite good, wish I kept it.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/lightshow-photography/tags/czjzeiss70210macro/
I still have the 28/2.8

Thats the one, exactly the same, case & lens. Is it likely to be any good?? or have I wasted $25.00 ?

Correction it's not exactly the same mine is marked JENNAZOOM 11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Easily worth $25
I did post a link to pics from mine.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vivaldibow wrote:
adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

I recently got a lens in Fuji AX mount and bought an adapter to nex. It seems the adapter is not very popular or I should say AX mount wasn't a popular so the adapter costs about $20, compared with other mounts which cost around $10. My favorite ebay adapter seller (in US) don't carry them. I am ordering one from China, will need to wait for a month or more.

The wait may not be that long
I've ordered quite a few photography related bits from China. Some arrive in as little as week, and a few never make it. Most seem to be 3-4 weeks. I doubt there's much difference between US & UK delivery times.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DConvert wrote:
vivaldibow wrote:
adonuff wrote:
DigiChromeEd wrote:

The wait may not be that long
I've ordered quite a few photography related bits from China. Some arrive in as little as week, and a few never make it. Most seem to be 3-4 weeks. I doubt there's much difference between US & UK delivery times.

+1 to not much difference in delivery times to West Coast of US.