Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Steinheil München Macro Quinaron f2.8 35mm and 135mm m42
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject: Steinheil München Macro Quinaron f2.8 35mm and 135mm m42 Reply with quote

Hey guys, looong time reader/lurker but new member.

I've been opting to buy two lenses:
Steinheil München 35mm macro quinaron f2.8
Steinheil München 135mm macro tele quinar f2.8

Both come in m42 mount. I've been scanning the net for some examples and usually find my satisfaction on this forum whenever I need information before buying, however not with these lenses, there's not much information online and couldn't find any sample photo's. Does anyone have any examples photo's of these in action so I know what to look for when I test these out before buying? Any information on these lenses would be great. I've seen some great auto-D samples but from what I've read so far these are optically different.
Thanks in advance. Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have the same no. of elements their auto-D counter part. What is the evidence you heard to show that they are optically different?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems you're right. Wink
I read it somewhere, but that's the thing, you can read a thousand stories of takumars. Steinheil macro's seem to have very little to no information online.
I made the purchase, haven't had much time to test, but from what I've seen so far very happy with the quality.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The ones with lens name ending in "...on" are the ones with more complex lenses, the ones ending
in "...ar" are the simpler ones Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then, the one ending in 'aron' must be simple yet complex. Wink

Last edited by calvin83 on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
The ones with lens name ending in "...on" are the ones with more complex lenses, the ones ending
in "...ar" are the simpler ones Wink

I was actually looking for a steinheil triplet design on a local selling site and then stumbled upon the quinar(on) by pure chance. I asked the seller if he was selling a 35 or 135 since the picture didn't make it clear, he then said he had both up for sale. I picked them up yesterday. Both perform wonderful in the short time I had to test, the 35mm reminds me a bit of the 'simple' 35mm flektogon. Both are in pristine condition, the seller was the first owner and bought them brand new in the early 70's. It was like finding a car that has almost zero milage and was always in the garage. One thing I noticed though was that they both have with their original hoods, the 135 has 2 hoods, they seem to be 55mm but my 55mm step-up rings don't fit, neither do the hoods to other lenses with 55mm filter threads, 52mm also didn't fit, they seem to be around 54mm. Can anyone confirm?

Also finally found a chinese website with a wide variety of pictures taken with steinheil.

http://forum.xitek.com/thread-694278-16-1-1.html

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. 54mm.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Then, the one ending in 'aron' must be simple yet complex. Wink

It always interested me how lens designs get their name but they all end in either 'on' 'ar' or 'lux'. What's the history behind this?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*edit

Last edited by Ichidomo on Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 small Beautiful images

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally managed to edit some clips with the 135mm macro Quinar. Footage of the 35mm macro quinaron will follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=UADhD4-zQPg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ichidomo wrote:
So I finally managed to edit some clips with the 135mm macro Quinar. Footage of the 35mm macro quinaron will follow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=UADhD4-zQPg

Like 1 Like Dog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the 100 mm

Excelente lens for macro, portraits sms general use.

I sold it.

I'm crying

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
I had the 100 mm

Excelente lens for macro, portraits sms general use.

I sold it.

I'm crying

Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1 Laugh 1