Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Exakta-to-Canon EOS-adapter: which one?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:19 am    Post subject: Exakta-to-Canon EOS-adapter: which one? Reply with quote

Hi all!

I have quite some Exakta-mount lenses, and so far used them on my Fuji X-T1 with a plain adapter. I like these lenses a lot.

I was contemplating using them on a cheap used Canon FF DSLR in order to experience more of the lenses' character, but many people have reported mirror clearance issues. Also, the Canon-cams seem unnecessarily bulky.

Therefore I contemplated is getting a focal reducer (Lens Turbo II or similar) from EOS to Fuji X, and add the Exakta >> EOS adpter ring.

Is there any preferred manufacturer of this ring?
Has anyone experience issues with certain adapters?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I've used an EXA-EOS adaptor on a cropped Canon.

I gotta say the adapter is very thin due to EXA vs EOS register distance difference. It also features a tiny lens lock. This leads to a certain wokiness.

Personally, I'd avoid stacking this adapter on another.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! My idea would be to turn the Lens Turbo permanetly into an Exakta-FX-adapter.

Do you recall what brand of Exa-EOS-adapter you had?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I don't remember any branding. It was similar to this one: https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Wh8AAOSwPhdVF8U0/s-l1600.jpg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found that the black adapters linked above hit the mirror on Canon full-frame DSLRs. These are the ones I found to work well with my Canon 5D mk 3.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EXAKTA-Lens-to-Canon-Adapter-760D-750D-80D-70D-5D-Mark-III-II-7D-1100D-1000D-/322850800796?hash=item4b2b68449c

I've since switched to Sony, so I have a bunch of these solid brass (silver) adapters if you're interested in them.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Braz, I sent you a PM.