Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

help aperture blades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:11 am    Post subject: help aperture blades Reply with quote

someone can help me with that problem?:how can i put back aperture blades (7 ) on Sonnar 180/2.8 medium format ? thanks a lot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome paulalin31

You have blades?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i have blades. 7 blades

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please post photo of one blade. Somebody can then show us how blades are positioned to produce an iris. Then should be simple to rebuild iris inside lens.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/img]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Something tells me that you're in way, way over your head.
But, given the fact that it's a big lens it's much easier than if it was a CZJ 135/3.5.
Zebra version to be more specific.
Now, you need a wooden dowel inside the barrel with the same diameter as the barrel itself and then you can start laying down the blades.
The tricky part is that every blade but the first one, obviously, should be positioned UNDER ( not above ) the one before it. The second one goes under the first one , the 3rd under the 2nd, so on and so forth.
If you don't do that it will not open correctly.
As usual it might be other methods to skin the proverbial cat but this is the way I did it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I recommend you do a search on YouTube for aperture blade reassembly. I'll bet you get hits. These videos should help.

Here are a couple examples of what I found. I did a search on 'lens aperture blades'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8Ha1blxeEA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4T0RQSfnyk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks all for help