Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First walk with the 7artisans 25mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:21 pm    Post subject: First walk with the 7artisans 25mm Reply with quote

I really liked the 7artisans 50mm but this lens isn't quite as good,the built isn't as nice and optically it has some flaws but when considering the price it's a good lens.At distance wide open it is only sharp in the centre but closer I don't think I its a problem. Stopped down to f8 it's sharp every were except the outer corners. The pictures feels a little harsh but that's probably fixable.

Last edited by Zeeke on Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:00 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does it have som bokeh swirl or is it in my mind😊

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice images!

I have this lens too. There a lot to like: tiny size, minimum focus distance of just 18cm, overall rendering. It's a nice walkaround-lens for e.g. on holiday.

The only disadvantage is partly user-error; on this lens often I turn the aperture ring instead of the focus ring Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks
Yes as an stills photographer I'd liked a clicked aperture ring but for the price it's hard to complain.
It's a fun lens to use and the focal length is close to my favorite ff 40mm.The short focus thread is
for good and bad but I actually like it because it makes the handling much faster and the lens is sharp
so it's easy to focus anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think that the lens is so good that small annoyances are easy to forgive, especially considering the price. Happy you enjoy it too.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nice pictures--thanks for the show of the lens--I've often thought of grabbing 1 of these for my little X-e1. jt

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first picture, the bokeh appears to be trying to swirl. Can anyone else see this?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject: 7artisans 25mm f1.8 Reply with quote

Some more bokeh stuff with the lens.....