Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rokkor MD 24mm f/2.8 - in landscape and closeup
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Rokkor MD 24mm f/2.8 - in landscape and closeup Reply with quote

What a great lens!! It can do anything from close-ups to wide landscapes, with gorgeous Minolta color and contrast.

More on this lens here: https://fourbillionyears.org/minolta-rokkor-md-24mm/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

+1

It's a great lens. I have two versions of the MD 24/2.8: MD-II (9/7) and MD-III (8/8 ). Both are good. Smile

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine is the very last MD-II W-Rokkor, with 55mm filter size. I have heard that the later 49mm MD-III version is equally good, but chose the earlier model for the "traditional" hefty Minolta feel. What's your opinion of their relative merits?

Alberto

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't compared them side by side (I leave that to others more capable) but from what I've seen I'm sure I'd have trouble telling them apart. I prefer the MD-III because I like my lenses smaller and lighter and I like the overall look of the plain MDs more but they're probably equally good. Perhaps the MD-III vignetes more because of the 49mm filter size (I don't know, just guessing) and maybe there's a small difference in sharpness either way, but it's not something I ever noticed. I'm using them on aps-c digital with a focal reducer so I'm seeing a tiny little bit less than full frame coverage. I've not shot more than a few frames on film with either of them.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! I thought that the one with smaller filter might vignette a bit more, but probably not a big deal in the real world, and easy to fix in Capture One. Great glass!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, always happy to see your work! Great lens it seems, too...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! Thank You Dog Thank You Dog Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waterfall pix is great, thanks for share.