Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nokton or Ultron?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am    Post subject: Nokton or Ultron? Reply with quote

Why not both?

here the nokton with it's prominent

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you get the original hood too. Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
Make sure you get the original hood too. Wink

yes I've already noticed that the nokton badly needs one, the ultron is more usable without
A pirty that the original hood will cost more than the ultron itself Very Happy
I've ordered a similar one from hong kong

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and even the leica M adapter costs more than the ultron Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Septon os the newer versión of 2/50 lens.

The formula is the same than the Planar 2,8/80 ZEISS for HASSY

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the Prominent set a Voigtlander 200-year anniversary version?? Like 1 small

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

papasito wrote:
The Septon os the newer versión of 2/50 lens.

The formula is the same than the Planar 2,8/80 ZEISS for HASSY

yes the septon is the son of the ultron, but never tried

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:

Not sure about it, i'm not a collector and is not easy to find information on voigtlanders

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
monkjason wrote:

Not sure about it, i'm not a collector and is not easy to find information on voigtlanders

Indeed, there have been 200-year anniversary versions in 1956. It was also a celebration of the lens no. 4.000.000 they have produced on January/06th, 1956. However, the Nokton on the picture was made in 1953 according to the serial number on the certificate. Total production time span of the Prominent Nokton was 1950 to 1961 in 3 slightly different external designs but optically identical.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:
monkjason wrote:

Indeed, there have been 200-year anniversary versions in 1956. It was also a celebration of the lens no. 4.000.000 they have produced on January/06th, 1956. However, the Nokton on the picture was made in 1953 according to the serial number on the certificate. Total production time span of the Prominent Nokton was 1950 to 1961 in 3 slightly different external designs but optically identical.

is there any docs online about voigtlander serial and versions?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:

Actually I don't know.

I have the 3 "Voigtlaender Report" books from Claus Prochnow with the complete production lines of all Voigtlaender cameras and lenses ever produced from 1840 to 1982.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me.....

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

Actually I don't know.

I have the 3 "Voigtlaender Report" books from Claus Prochnow with the complete production lines of all Voigtlaender cameras and lenses ever produced from 1840 to 1982.

If you have any question, don't hesitate to ask me.....

with no hurry, if you can tell me the production date of the Ultron 50/2 serial 3520136
The Nokton has the same serial both on the barrel and the certificate and you already told me that was made in '53

Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beside that, the Ultron on the vitessa are optically the same as the promiment ones?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The production year of your Prominent Ultron was 1952.

There was no Ultron available for the Vitessa T as the diameter of the Synchro-Compur central shutter was too small for it. Consequently the fastest available lens was F2.8 only (Voigtlaender Color-Skopar, Schneider Xenar, Steinheil Cassarit and Culminar and Rodenstock Ysarex). Only the fixed lens variant of the Vitessa was available with an Ultron as well. The optical formula looks to be identical to the Prominent one.

Cheers,

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
The production year of your Prominent Ultron was 1952.

There was no Ultron available for the Vitessa T as the diameter of the Synchro-Compur central shutter was too small for it. Consequently the fastest available lens was F2.8 only (Voigtlaender Color-Skopar, Schneider Xenar, Steinheil Cassarit and Culminar and Rodenstock Ysarex). Only the fixed lens variant of the Vitessa was available with an Ultron as well. The optical formula looks to be identical to the Prominent one.

Cheers,

Many thanks!
yes I meant the Vitessa L, I have one and I really love that camera (according to this site http://corsopolaris.net/supercameras/vitessa/vitessaeng.html is a Vitessa L2).
After seeing what that lens can do on film I decided to search for an Ultron to adapt on digital Wink But ended up buying also a Nokton Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foma 200

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Yes, it's model 2 (Model name "140") built from 1956 to 1958 (TTL 11.500 pieces with Ultron and Color-Skopar). Price for the Ultron-variant was DM 418.- in 1958. Not really cheap.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes wasn't cheap, but is a sturdy and reliable camera, even the lightmeter is fully functional and precise
It went with me on vacation this summer http://www.telltale.it/espana-2018-voigtlander-vitessa-l-cinestill-50d/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rick1779 wrote:
Yes wasn't cheap, but is a sturdy and reliable camera, even the lightmeter is fully functional and precise
It went with me on vacation this summer http://www.telltale.it/espana-2018-voigtlander-vitessa-l-cinestill-50d/

Nice results!

I have the Vitoret DR (RF variant from the late 1960's) with the famous multi coated 50/2.8 Color-Lanthar lens in like new condition. Maybe I should try it as well. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes you have to Wink

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tb_a wrote:
Rick1779 wrote:

Nice results!

+1