Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bullet Optical Company
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 am    Post subject: Bullet Optical Company Reply with quote

Anybody heard of them before? Anyone own any of their lenses?

I came across their adverts in Popular Photography and the 28-80mm F2.8 Macro caught my eye! The only other lens like this I know would be the Tokina 28-80 F2.8 AT-X but that is an AF lens. The 35-135 I am not sure about either, but it weighs 480g and is also 14/12 el/g - very close to the Minolta MD and with the same 1.5m MFD, for example. Parfocal, extended range, made automatic for all mounts, and constant F2.8 with a macro mode? It seems all too good to be true! The JCII results I would take with a grain of salt, though. Another page had the same 35-135 with different resolution and contrast results. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a 2.8-4 as indicated by the test result.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heared about this brand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
It is a 2.8-4 as indicated by the test result.

Ah indeed it is. I think I've found the same lens as Unitar. I wonder who actually made it since the test result seems to indicate that it is quite good.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be found in Rokinon/Ozunon brand too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
They can be found in Rokinon/Ozunon brand too.

Any idea who made these?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting - definitely not common. Quick image browse only pulled up one pic of this spec- a sicor.

Searching specifically for rokinon and unitor pulled up more pics, these look the same with the stovepipe top end. An example with a unitor nameplate is ebay auction # 392240938799. However the Bullet lens illustration has a straight top end.

"Stovepipe" shape is a bit similar to a makinon 28-80mm f2.8-4.5 judging from pics that also came up, but that's a 2 ring zoom.