Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

'0.7x-4.5x' microscope objective in the wild.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2018 8:00 pm    Post subject: '0.7x-4.5x' microscope objective in the wild. Reply with quote

Supplied with a 0.5x c-mount relay lens fitted that reduced the maximum magnification & increased vignetting, but used here with that removed & a DIY mount used instead. With the zoom control above about the marked 1x no vignetting is seen on MFT, turning up higher got rid of vignetting on APSC too but I've not yet managed a moderately usable shot on that!

Here's a crop of a shot (in infra red) at a few feet distance:
Fly & wasp in infra red by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

Moving in a bit closer & removing the filter (for IR & visible) this one rescaled but uncropped:
Full spectrum Wasp by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

And for those who don't like infra red:
P1340889 small by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

With my modified mount infinity focus is possible (with vignetting)
infinity focus test - shipping by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

With the relay fitted working distance remained pretty uniform at all zoom levels, but my modification changes that drastically! FWIW the lens is also on e-bay with a 1x relay lens. For anyone who missed it in the other thread the lens in it's modified form is:
ultra macro lens set up by Mike Kanssen, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1